Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Lasagne for tea - maybe!



30th April 2014
Y – That perfect letter.  The wishbone, fork in the road, empty wineglass.  The question we ask over and over.

Good day had yesterday, day 2 of my 8 week challenge, I like the idea of a countdown, especially after it worked so well with my 21 day stop drinking challenge – it’s good to have that time scale set.

Yesterday I easily managed my veggies with every meal, I even threw in a banana as a snack!  Breakfast was egg and mushrooms on toast, then I made the Greek pork patties from the Filling & Healthy cookbook for dinner, we had them with couscous filled with mixed veggies (mushrooms, peppers, soya beans, sweetcorn, spring onions) then for tea I used the leftovers chopped up in baked beans as they count as one of your 5 a day and I had that on toast.

I do need to shop for some different veggies though, get a bit of variety going on I think, might nip in Asda today if I remember when I’ve finished my meeting.  Just in case you were interested a portion is considered 80g so although I had 6 different veggies yesterday I don’t think I had anywhere near 80g of some of them so I need to work on that for sure.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/5ADAY/Pages/Portionsizes.aspx there’s some more info on this page, including a wall poster to use as a tick sheet for your 5 a day, great way to encourage kids to eat different fruit and veggies.

Yeah I definitely need to go and get some fruit and veggies, I wasn’t paying attention at all when I did my shopping this week, which proves I need to get back to writing a list, I always spend more when I don’t write the list.   

Now sometimes when I start my blog in a morning I have no idea what I’m going to say, then as I type it just happens and I’ve just realised a great way to ensure I get my 5 a day minimum is to cook more vegetarian meals – doh!  So here’s your first, I haven’t tried it yet but maybe that’ll be the first of many veggie meals I start looking at;

Butternut squash and Spinach Lasagne.
Total 50pp so at 4 servings its 13pp per portion at 6 servings it’s 8pp per portion
On Filling & Healthy, it would be serves 4 at 4pp from weeklies and use your daily oil allowance or serves 6 at 2pp from weeklies and use your daily oil allowance

1 butternut squash - peeled and cubed
1 large onion - finely diced
2 courgettes  - cubed
1/2 head of celery - finely chopped
4 medium mushrooms - chopped.
1 bag of spinach - add in at the end - it only needs wilting.
1 pack of passata
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic - crushed
sprinkle of basil, oregano and pepper.
1 tbs oil (4pp)
1 pack of Asda 250g wholemeal lasagne sheets (23pp)

1. Chop and fry the vegetables until soft
2. Add tomatoes and passata
3. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Cheese Sauce

1 litre of skimmed milk (9pp)
4 oz finely grated half fat mature cheddar (8pp)
2 tbs of cornflour (4pp)
1 tbs low fat spread (2pp)

Mix together in a large jug and microwave in three minute blasts, whisk each time and return for another three minutes until cheese sauce. Bake in a medium oven for 45 minutes.

Yes this week I shall be writing a shopping list and making a plan, after all a goal without a plan is merely a wish!

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, Eat Gorgeous and be Healthy & Happy. xx

No comments: