Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 28 March 2014

Water instead of Wine - or both together :)



28th March 2014
Choose to see the world through optimistic eyes.

4 days down, 3 to go before weigh in, ended on 42pp yesterday so used 16 of my weeklies, that’s ok – I still have 28 weeks left and I’ve earned 20pp so far on my pedometer – on track and in the zone!   Bring on the weekend I say, we can survive can’t we!

Yesterday I indulged in a raspberry muffin that I’d made for the meeting, we’ve raised £111.50 in meetings with some of my lovely members baking low ProPoint cakes for selling, donations from members and the  10p per photo that I’ve taken for Facebook, you all look lovely on my page and are helping to motivate others to make their weight loss a priority!   This takes Natalie’s total up to £439.50https://www.justgiving.com/natalies-fight-club.  To make a donation, please text NJMS48 £1 to 70070.

If you need a reason to make that donation, this recipe (one of the best of the cakes I tried this week ;> ) is worth it (trust me!) and it only takes 10 minutes to knock together!  Great way of using up the Easter Eggs so keep this recipe somewhere safe.

Peanut Butter Crispy Treats
Serves 10 (35pp total recipe value)
75g milk chocolate chunks
50g reduced fat peanut butter
3 tablespoons golden syrup
75g puffed rice cereal (rice crispies)

1) Line the base of an 18cm loose bottom cake tin with non stick baking parchment.  Put the chocolate, peanut butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan, stir and gently heat until melted.
2) Add the cereal and stir to coat in the mixture.  Spoon into the prepared tin and level with the back of a spoon.  Chill in the fridge, and then cut into 10 wedges.
You could even put the mixture in individual cake cases for accuracy with portion sizes!

These will last up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container so you DON’T have to eat them all at once!


So back to me being on track, yesterday was all about the quick and easy, breakfast was crumpets, cheese triangle, ham, egg, tomatoes.  Lunch was a 2 egg omelette with cheese, courgette, pepper, mushrooms, peas, tomato.  Then for tea I had a couple of brown Warburton things with tuna and coronation dressing and salad, followed by my first wine of the week, mmm delicious all of it.

One thing I’ve done this week is start every day with a pint of water, don’t forget how important it is to get plenty of water, why is it?  because up to 70% of the body is made up of water. 75% of muscle is made of water. 50% of bone is made of water and also fat is made up of 50% of water. The brain is also made up of 70% of water.   So go have a glass of water! The good news is while the daily recommended amount of water is eight cups per day, not all of this water must be consumed in the liquid form. Nearly every food or drink item provides some water to the body.  Do you think you’re putting enough of the magic stuff into your body?

The other thing I’ve become more aware of this week is my 5 a day, trying to ensure I’m eating plenty of my fruit and veg, again this is important because they are a good source of vitamins and minerals and of course dietary fibre.  Not forgetting they’re  zero ProPoints which is always a bonus.

Have you eaten a wide variety of fruit and veg this week, looking at my tracker I’ve eaten;
Onions
Cherry tomatoes
Spinach
Carrots
Courgette
Apple
Banana
Grapes
Broccoli
Red & green peppers
Cress
Tinned tomatoes
Peas
Raspberries
Lettuce
Cucumber

16 different ones, not bad – I’m happy with that!  Don’t forget to have plenty of variety - different fruits and vegetables contain different combinations of fibre, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.

My mission for the weekend is to get that total to 25 or over, variety is the spice of life they say afterall.

Have a fabulously, fantastic Friday, don’t use it as an excuse to say “oh it’s the weekend and I’ve got so much on, I can’t possibly stay on track so I may as well put my weight loss on hold”, NO, stay focused work your fun times into your success – it’ makes it even more fantastic!

Eat Gorgeous & be Healthy & Happy BeYOUtiful

xx

No comments: