Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 2 March 2014

Oh my days - who'd have thought a Chinese takeaway was that dangerous!



2nd March 2014
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.  Winston Churchill

Had a smashing lie in till 8, once I managed to get back to sleep after being awake for an hour in the middle of the night, so glad I didn’t get up!  Mom’s not had a great night though, pains in her chest, we shall be glad when this week is over and she’s had her operation, she’s bound to be worrying over it all isn’t she ;(

Just had me a Weight Watcher sausage sandwich for 6pp total to get me set for my walk on the chase with some of my members, you’re more than welcome to join us, we’ll be doing 2 hours and meeting at 11.45, Whitehouse Car Park, Cannock Chase, WS12 4PR.

My healthy eating ‘diet’ has gone out the window the last two days, Friday because we were out all day and yesterday because me and my bestie thought it was a good idea to order a ‘Set menu for 2’ from the Chinese Friday night and I ordered Chicken Chow Mein and salt & pepper chips as well (because that’s the law!) well we couldn’t eat all that could we!  So I spent yesterday working my way through it!
Set menu for 2 included;

Two spring rolls
Barbecued spare ribs
Beef mushrooms
Sweet and sour chicken Cantonese style
Chicken fried rice x 2
Prawn crackers



Oh my days, all that for two people is ridiculous really, there was enough rice for 4 people, and then 3 mains plus the spring rolls and crackers.  What would the ProPoints have been?  Well I weighed the chicken fried rice and it weighed 400g for one portion, the tray didn’t look that big you know, but when I put white rice into the photo 400g cooked is 16pp without it being fried!  I think that tray would be easily 18-20pp, then there’s the spring rolls, their in the eat out guide as 4pp but these were huge, easily 8pp each because when I reheated one the day after for mom almost a tablespoon of oil was left on the baking tray!  Barbecued spare ribs, I’d guess 4pp each there were four, then another 6pp for the sauce.  The sweet and sour Cantonese chicken says 11pp in eat out guide but remember it’s a guide and portions vary, I would guess that tray at 20pp. 

Two spring rolls - 16pp
Barbecued spare ribs – 22pp
Beef mushrooms – 12pp
Sweet and sour chicken Cantonese style – 20pp
Chicken fried rice x 40pp
Prawn crackers  - 10pp

So the set meal for two easily totals 120pp = OUCH!

Now remember I also ordered chicken chow mein and chips, so the chow mein weighed 600g!  If I compared that to an Asda chicken chow mein it would be 19pp as the Asda one is only a 400g pack.  The chips well, I work on every hand full is 8 so there was easily 24pp in the tray. 

So total takeaway ProPoints = 163pp! 

So the next time you decide to have a takeaway think before you order Chinese Food, they use a lot of oil, the portion sizes can be huge as the food is meant to be shared, and it’s easy to over order! If you can use chopsticks it’ll make you eat slower!  The tubs don’t look that large but the food is packed tight in there and weighs heavy. 

Ignorance isn’t bliss!

Have a nice day BeYOUtiful xx




No comments: