Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 9 March 2014

If today were the last day of my life.....

9th March 2014
The scales can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity – That’s it!  It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, possibility, strength or love!  Never, ever forget that!

-          - Green Tea!
-          - Following someone else’s tracker regardless of whether you like their food!

Just a few of the things I’ve seen people contemplate yesterday to help them “lose weight”, personally (taking my leader hat off and putting my 'female & love food' hat on") I'll never ever drink or eat anything again that I don't think is delicious for the sake of a weight loss! Life is way too short - healthy and happy is my motto.  There aren’t any quick fixes or easy rides and food is way to delicious to cut it out of my life for any length of time!

We have but a short life, so let’s live it as healthy and happy as we can, don’t compromise short term to get short term results, focus on the long haul, permanent changes that you will enjoy.
I watched this yesterday, it’s inspirational http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SMyfbWYyE Steve Jobs, starts by saying “for the last 33 years I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today?” and whenever the answer has been no for too many days in a row I know I need to change something.  Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life because almost everything, all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure, these things just fall away in the face of death leaving only what is truly important.  Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose – you are already naked, there is no reason not to follow your heart.”

So if today was last day, how would you be spending it?  I know you can’t do that every morning, heck the ironing would never get done, but you do get what he means don’t you.  We all make choices in life, where we are now is because of a number of choices we have made.  For me I’m single because I want to be, I’m a Weight Watcher leader because it makes me happy in my work.  I’m taking care of my mom because I choose to a long time ago and I want to – is that easy – hell no, is it getting harder – hell yeah, will I continue to take care of her – sure will!  Do I think everyone should do the same for their parents – NO!  We don’t have children on the condition that they will look after us in later life, that’s not how the game works is it.  I remember being about 14 and seeing my mom’s life and thinking to myself, when I grow up I’ll take care of her, she’ll never want for anything,  we’ll have lots of fun because this life right now ain’t!  That’s what I’ve done and it’s made me happy doing it.  

But yeah, it’s going to get harder now, of all the things I envisaged in life, dementia wasn’t one of them.  It’s horrible to see someone changing through such a cruel illness, it really is!  So I’ve decided from today, whilst we can, we’re going to have lots of fun and giggles and enjoy life as much as we can.  Yesterday I put flashing fairy lights all around the garden fence so now the back garden looks like Blackpool illuminations, do I like it – not really, it’s pretentious, will my mom like it – HELL YEAH she will, what she’ll like most is the fact the old bird next door will hate it!

She might be coming home today, depending on the results of her blood levels when they take them today, she’ll have to go back for a camera up her backside and if that’s okay, then they’ll rearrange the surgery, until then I’ll get her sitting in the garden in this glorious sunshine they’ve forecast and she can watch me put some flowers in and make it pretty again. 

It really has been a tough week and yesterday I’d got my massage appointment time mixed up so I couldn’t have it, I cried all the way home not because I couldn’t have a massage, just because the whole week has really stressed me to my limit and been tough, I was exhausted.  However after a good cry and half hour in the garden putting up the fairy lights, Alfie and I went for a walk, he’s a clever boy, ten minutes into the walk he stopped and lay down on the grass on the side of the road, so I looked at him and thought what the heck, I lay down next to him and we had five minutes lying there watching the world go by and having a bit of love, we even got the phone out and took a couple of selfies ;) 



So today I choose to be Happy because I am in charge of how I feel – how are you choosing to feel today?   
 I also choose to be healthy and Eat Gorgeous because that’s important too, how we eat affects how we feel both inside and out, I’ve neglected my eating a little this week through all the rushing but it stops now.
Sorry if this was a little deep this morning, but it’s my own personal therapy session, it’s my way of processing everything that’s going on in my head and my life.  Really helps.

Have a sunny Sunday BeYOUtiful. xx





No comments: