Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 20 March 2014

Make a difference today x

Thursday 20th March 2014
Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference has never tried to fall asleep with a mosquito in the room. Christine Todd Whitman


Yesterday felt like a crazy rush from one place to another, why do some days feel like that when you do the same as a previous day?  I made it through anyway ;0) and managed to get that shopping trip in – I now have a kitchen full of delicious food to keep me on the Simple Start path, I’m starting the second week of it today and despite my ‘treats’ being larger options than they should’ve been, I’ve still managed a weight loss!  My normal weigh day is a Monday but because I started Simple Start last Thursday I’ve taken a sneaky peak and I’ve dropped a pound since last Thursday, that’s to add to the fact I’d lost weight on the Monday too, happy with that.  I know that I’ve eaten large portions and snacked on popcorn to try and get my eating craving back under control and my theory has paid off.  Instead of focusing on weight loss, I’ve been focusing on eating healthy again and getting my eating patterns back to normal and it’s worked.
I cooked a delicious lunch yesterday, chicken in lemon and herb, I had the mix from Morrison’s in a tub, think it cost £1, I used a oven bag, added chicken breast, a chopped pepper, courgette and a sprinkle of the mix which was 1pp, then roasted in oven for half hour and served with mash and samphire – that’s what I call Eat Gorgeous!  

I’ve noticed the last few days a lot of woman doing “no make up” selfies on facebook to raise awareness for cancer research, it’s made me smile how some people really don’t like the idea of having to remove their war paint and show their BeYOUtiful natural faces.  I’d say 99% of my photos are ‘no make up’ as I don’t really wear it, it’s one more thing to find the time to do!  Anyway it’s apparently worked from an awareness point of view and lots of people have been making donations.  

At the moment this is a subject close to my heart, one of my BeYOUtiful members goes into hospital this Friday for a Hysterectomy because she has cervical cancer, she’s 29 and had absolutely no symptoms at all (so please if you haven’t had one lately and are due one, go get a smear test!)  The amazingly positive Natalie along with more of my members has signed up to do race for life in May, please spare a pound donation, if everyone who reads this blog today donated just a pound that would make a massive difference to her fund raising.  

 
Let’s make a difference today not just to Natalie’s fundraising efforts but to your own health and happiness, Eat Gorgeous, BeYOUtiful, realise that’s not something you do as and when it should be a mission you aim for continually because you matter too xx

No comments: