Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 6 April 2012

Sexy is not a size- true beauty comes from inside!

6th April 2012

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. - Maria Robinson –

I was saddened yesterday realising that people (even some of my members) still judge others on their size, I don’t think anyone has the right to tell someone else they’re ‘fat’ or at what size you will become attractive!  What’s that all about, every woman (and man) I know is gorgeous in a different way, in their own unique way.  And I think the way I reacted yesterday showed me I’m a little bit naive to think that because I think this way everyone else will too.
It always makes me smile when they start throwing statistics and research at you to about the dangers of being overweight, research full stop makes me smile because for every piece that tells me the dangers of being fat, I can find similar on the dangers of being slim, heck chocolate is supposed to be bad for you but last week ‘research’ showed it could help you lose weight.  Trust me researchers can find evidence to prove anything!

I’ve been every weight from 8st 13lb to 14st since I was 18, and those numbers have not only affected my physical health but my emotional health also.  These days I hover around 11 stone and according to the charts I’m overweight and guess what -  I couldn’t give a stuff!  Why?  Are you thinking “you’re a Weight Watcher leader, you should care, you tell people to get to their goal weights?”  No actually I don’t, I try to tell people to get to a weight they’re happy at, a weight they can maintain, a weight they can still enjoy life at and be happy in their skin. 
I’m healthier than I’ve ever been, both physically and emotionally.  I eat healthy foods most of the time because I appreciate that they make me feel well and they give me energy, I don’t eat ‘diet food’ because it makes me thin!  I move more, I walk the dog every morning because it sets me up for the day and makes me feel calm, not because it burns calories.  I run at least once or twice a week because it challenges me and invigorates me, I don’t run for fun, I’d be lying if I said I did, I do run because it makes me feel better about indulging in a glass of wine though, I see it as counterbalancing any harm the alcohol might be doing – whether that’s true or not only my body knows, I’m not interested in the research.

I’m going away this weekend and I will overindulge, I’ll eat too much and drink too much and I’ll do it with real gusto and without a thought for my weight, the enjoyment I’ll have this weekend with my friends and family with give me a feel good feeling that will last me a month or more, and when I return I’ll eat sensibly and drink less to counterbalance the overindulging.
Beauty comes in all sizes, I have photos of myself from when I was in my 20’s and looking at them I know I wasn’t happy with my body even though I was a good stone lighter than I am now, even the photos of me at a size 8, I can recall me wanting to lose more or being scared to go out for fear I’d put some weight on.  That’s not healthy nor happy.

My most favourite photos of myself these days are the ones when I’m smiling and laughing because I can always tell by the smile in the photo whether it’s a real one or that ‘smile the camera’ pose.  20 years ago I didn’t like having my photo taken, 20 years on I was brave enough to have a photo shoot done including a naked shot, yep I took my clothes off even though officially I’m overweight because I don’t care what anyone else thinks of me and how I look because guess what, “I love me and I’m very happy in my skin”. 
That’s what I want for every woman that joins my meeting, for them to learn to love themselves regardless of what they weigh, I see it happen too and it makes me so happy, there’s nothing better than seeing a gorgeous lady feeling good about herself and being happy in her own skin.   That feeling doesn’t come from a set of scales, that feeling comes from inside.

So gorgeous, enjoy your day and have a fabulous Easter weekend, I know I will.



No comments: