Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 11 April 2012

I've been Eastered - have you!

11th April 2012

In any family, measles are less contagious than bad habits.   Mignon McLaughlin
I haven’t blogged since Friday or was it Thursday, it seems like forever because seriously I’ve been having some major fun.  We flew out to Corfu on Friday to see my brother and his wife and returned early hours of yesterday morning.  In-between we’ve laughed and laughed some more, lovely to see my brother and his wife and even better to introduce them to my friends.   Not so sure I liked all the locals telling me how much I looked like my brother, after all he’s a 50 year old bald bloke with no hair, a big nose and a wok-shaped stomach as opposed to a wash-board one.

Back home reality hits from a diet point of view the minute you step on the scales, which all three of us did yesterday and we are all now back on track ready to get the pounds off for summer so we can enjoy ourselves some more. 
For the rest of the week I plan to eat from the freezer, there’s a few meals left that I’ve made over the last month or so and then I can go shopping at the weekend after I’ve done myself a meal plan and shopping list. 

I fancy following a few of filling and healthy days also next week, so I definitely need to plan because I haven’t really done that before, I may have done one or two days here and there but I’ve never really planned it.
It’s amazing what we all take for granted but can make someone else’s day, my brothers lived in Corfu for 6 years and the one thing he misses is Radio 2, at the weekend we found him an app for his new ipod that means he will now be able to play it everyday, he was over the moon.  We on the other hand missed being able to put the toilet paper down the toilet ;-)

So it’s 7 weeks or thereabouts to my holiday, I’d like to lose a minimum of a pound a week which is doable as I don’t really have another planned between now and then.  The weather will hopefully be improving giving us all more chance to get outside and enjoy a bit of walking or running.
So it’s either porridge for breakfast or pilchards on toast, I’m not totally sure yet but at least I have options, and lunch looks like chicken and rice casserole but I need to wait for it to defrost to know for sure.  Note to self – put stickers on your freezer meals!

I’m guessing after yesterdays meetings lots of you may be thinking, shall I/shall I not get weighed this week......
So here is why you will;
1. You promised me and yourself last week you would definitely get weighed this week.
2. We are all in the same boat this week!
3. Next week will be amazing even if this week may not be.
4. If you leave it even one week, I guarantee you it will only get worse.


So if I haven’t already, I’ll see you in the meeting this week, we still managed 185lb weight loss yesterday even though at least half of us didn’t lose at all!


We’re all back on track from today!  Unless you’re away on holiday, in which case I’m guessing you’re not even reading this.


No comments: