Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 28 April 2012

A change is as good as a rest...

28th April 2012

Your outlook affects your outcome.  John Paul Warren

I had a very different kind of Friday yesterday, spent the day in training then drove to Manchester Airport to pick my nephew up from the Airport at 1am, so instead of going home and then driving up about 11ish, I drove up straight from the training day in Burton and got their about 5 and had 6 hours in a hotel room (cost me £24 bargain, and saved me adding 100 miles driving to my day), where I slept and enjoyed the quiet, no everyone’s ideal way to spend a Friday night but I enjoyed the solitude, especially after all that training and making my brain work. 

I was reminded of so many things in my training and it was good just to take time out to think about ideas and what might help me be more productive and better help my members, when I left I decided to take one thing at a time and work with it, rather than do my usual trick which is going at it like a bull at a gate and trying to do it all at once.  So tday I will spend a few hours making notes from my training and also planning what to do and when.

I have a habit of taking the all or nothing approach in other areas of my life too such as my weight loss efforts!  Can you relate to that, I’m either on track OR I’m off track with style!  Yesterday made it difficult to be on track because I was rushing to get to the training in Burton-on-Trent for 10am because I had paperwork to do first, so I didn’t have any breakfast other than a cup of tea.  As I’m driving the thirty miles I realise not only haven’t I had breakfast, I’ve got no lunch either and I won’t be going home so need to think about tea too!  I went to Morrison’s and bought a salad box from their salad counter and in it put, salad leaves, peppers, tomatoes and a hard boiled egg, then some celery & raisin salad, 2tbsp of tuna pasta and some couscous.  I also bought a cooked chicken and a pack of 6 crusty rolls.  I’m quite pleased with myself because I’ve bought back 5 rolls and over ½ of the chicken, there’s even a bit of the salad box left.  So even though I hadn’t thought out what I would eat all day, I still managed to choose wisely, and I did have a couple of treats, I ate 2 biscuits that were with the tea in the hotel room and a crunchie which I bought at the airport to give me a sugar boost at 1 am this morning.

Yep with a bit of thought you can limit the damage in any situation, I’m off for an Indian meal tonight and I’ve already pre-planned that because otherwise temptation will rear it’s ugly head, I’ve been planning tonight’s meal all week ;-)

So back to the idea of taking one thing at a time and working on it each week, it works, a few weeks ago I went for the eating only good food angle, when I shopped I only bought non-processed food and for the last two weeks I’ve stuck to eating good food, and now I’m making those good food choices almost without thinking about it.  I know that would take longer for most people but my diet was already pretty good to start with.  This week I’ve chosen to cut out the booze in the house, last Sunday was the last drink I had and I have to say I haven’t really craved it nor noticed the difference it’s made not having it.  I have probably slept better but then I’ve been running too which would have helped so it could be either or both.  Yes by focusing on one thing at a time, permanent long term changes can be made and it doesn’t seem quite so overwhelming. 

I’m going to take advantage of the fact it isn’t raining right now and walk Alfie, be the first time this week when we haven’t got soaked!  Have a great day, whatever you’ve got planned.  Remember you joined Weight Watchers because you wanted to lose weight, remind yourself of that when temptation comes your way today – everything in moderation. x

No comments: