Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 4 April 2012

I've said it before & I'll probably say it again...

4th April 2012

Good habits are as easy to form as bad ones. Tim McCarver

I struggled through yesterday, I had a lurking headache on top of my back ache and it got worse as the day went on, tablets were not helping.  I did manage to stay on track though and went to bed having used 28pp, and earned 5pp on my pedometer, that’s the first time I’ve tracked in over a week and the scales proved it yesterday morning, in four weeks I’ve lost absolutely zero, actually that’s not strictly true, I lost it then found it again, lost 3lb, then gained 2.5lb the week after and ½ lb this week!  Mmm got maintenance nailed, but I’m well aware of the fact I really should (oooo there’s that word and hence my problem) lose 4-7lb to be more comfortable and even more to be at goal. 

SHOULD
A word oozing with guilt and expectancy, if I here someone say “I should do….” It doesn’t sound anywhere near as meaningful as “I could do…..” Could is saying you have a choice, whereas ‘should’ is saying you ought to do it even if you don’t really want to.

Now if you’d asked me last week ‘Do you want to lose half stone?” My reply would’ve been no not really.  Why, because I would’ve been thinking purely from an image point of view and I know that with the right clothes I can look ok if I dress properly. 
However ask me today, “do you want to lose half stone?” and the reply would be, “I want to eat better and move more and if the side effect of that is a half stone weight loss, then yes I do.”

I was in bed with a pounding headache last night just gone 8pm and I slept until the alarm at 5am this morning, Monday I felt drained all day even though I had relaxed all weekend.  Last week I didn’t think about what I ate at all, and I didn’t eat great, and I truly believe that is part of the reason I haven’t felt great this week.
And yes I’m well aware I’ve probably said this kind of thing before, but hey I’m human, I have a rubbish memory and I have to remind myself occasionally that eating well and moving more isn’t just about weight loss it’s about feeling good and having the energy to enjoy life. 

So here’s to some balance being put back in my life, healthy eating, regular exercise whatever they may be, walking the dog is the main thing, I do that 7 days a week, so any running that gets added to that is a bonus.  I’d have bought myself a scooter yesterday after watching the kids having fun on them if they weren’t so expensive on ebay!  I can just see me tazzing around the estate screaming “beep beep” with Alfie pulling me with his lead.
Egg and beans for breakfast I think, I’ll have time to make that, mmm, I might even add tinned tomatoes and mushrooms – now you’re talking.  

Yep I could eat healthy and more more sounds much more appealing that I should.  I am going to eat healthier and move more sounds more convincing and I actually mean that today.
Apparently we may have snow on the way, at least if it does come I’ll be moving more shovelling it off the drive.

Eat well, feel well!

No comments: