Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Happy with my lot...

17th April 2012

Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.  Charles M. Schulz
You’ve gotta love the flow of the universe or karma, or whatever you want to call it, over the last week or so facebook has made me realise how fortunate I am to be as happy as I am and to love my life as I do. I haven't chosen the usual path a woman takes - I don't feel the need for a man in my life, don't get me wrong I've had relationships, some were amazing but I've never felt I NEEDED a man, I’m happy in my own company. Obviously being single has also meant choosing to not have children also, something else I didn't think I needed nor wanted. Again I really like children and I really like men just happy with my life the way it is and didn’t need them to make it any better. It appears there are a lot of people out there not quite so happy which is such a shame because whatever your situation or life choices you should be enjoying your life, as far as we know we only get one.
I mentioned karma at the start because yesterday I was in the best mood ever and there’s only one thing guaranteed to spoil or taint that mood and as my friends would tell you, that would be lack of sleep!  I don’t function without sleep, I can go to bed at 4 in the afternoon and sleep all night long, however last night, the universe saw fit to stop me getting any!  Alfie’s not well, I’m not quite sure what’s wrong with him and I will take him to the vets today, I think he may have pulled something or have an allergy but he’s scratched and twitched and cried all night, hence the lack of sleep.  Bless mom she come and took him for about 3 hours so I have had some sleep but I actually turned my alarm clock off this morning and got back in bed for 20 more minutes, I never do that but this morning I needed to.

Hey ho, I’m still smiling and still happy, just hope Alfie gets sorted quickly – poor little thing.
So why am I so content as opposed to some of the people who are posting doom and gloom on facebook - I’m not sure.  I do know I enjoy the simple things in life, and I regularly think about the things I am grateful for.  I’m aware of the negative and not so good stuff but I don’t focus on it, I focus on the positive.  I get pleasure from helping others and making other people happy but I also get pleasure from doing nice things for myself.  It’s all about balance. 

Looking on the bright side – it really works.  Like this morning it’s raining, the wind has howled all night and instead of thing yak horrible day, I’m thinking, great we need the rain, I’m not walking Alfie this morning because he’s poorly so bonus that I haven’t got to walk in it and the wind that would’ve probably kept me awake last night didn’t because Alfie was already doing that ;-) glass half full kinda girl!
I was going to talk about writing a gratitude list but instead I’m gonna share one of my favourite stories with you as dogs seem to be the focus of my blog today.  This story shows that you really do have a choice of how you view a situation, don’t get me wrong I know everyone has problems and issues going on and some are really, really bad but you decide how you approach them.  I’m not trying to say you haven’t got huge problems or that yours  aren’t real but how you decide to approach them makes a massive difference to how you cope.  So here’s my tale;

There was a pile of dog dirt on the pavement as they walked to work four men trod in it on their way to work.
The first man felt very sad, he looked at the mess and smelt the smell and said you know this just about sums me up, this always happens to me.  It’s the kind of guy I am, I can’t even walk down the street without messing things up.  The days started badly and it’s going to get worse from here on in. this man never got to work , he went home, got into bed and stayed there feeling more depressed as the day went on.

The second man saw the mess and smelled the smell and started to panic, he said to himself, “o dear what should I do now, there are so many things I should do, but I want to do the right thing I don’t want to get it wrong in case people think badly of me, I must get it right at all costs.  If I clean my shoes there will be no where to put the mess and if I leave it somewhere someone might see me, on the other hand, but then, and what if.  This man never got to work, he stayed there feeling more and more paralysed  in panic as the day when on.
The third man saw the mess and smelled the smell and started to get angry, within minutes that anger had almost become a rage he felt himself getting hotter, he started to stomp around and he was saying to himself what careless son of a bitch did this, this is the most awful thing ever, nobody should be so careless they shouldn’t be let out of the house in the mornings.  I bet they let their dog do this here just to get me and ruin my day, let me get my hands on them.  This man got to work but he didn’t achieve much he was too angry and distracted for most of the day and as he contributed to his soon to be heart disease he planned torturous revenge on all dog owners.

The fourth man was annoyed at first then he started to smile he looked at the mess and smelled the smell and said to himself isn’t it just great that I remembered to put my shoes on this morning! And with that he wiped his shoes on the grass and went to work.
You know what you think influences how you feel and what you do!

Have a fabulous day, play in the puddles and remember to put your shoes on! ;-)


1 comment:

Cookie said...

Cheered me up: )