Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 4 November 2010

4th November 2010 todays facebook email

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

I’ve felt a bit like a politician this week trying to defend Weight Watchers and their actions because not everyone wants things to change, and I now change isn't always easy, but it is possible.

Here are tips to affect lasting change.

We are creatures of habit, but change is possible if you have the desire. Motivation for self-improvement stems from caring about yourself. You can do it if you open up to the idea of change and stay focused on the positive end result.

Know Yourself:

When people make Behavioural changes without identifying their motivations, these new behaviour patterns are less likely to stick. Think about what you want to change and why. Write it down in the form of an affirmation and frequently say it out loud.

Mine for instance would be;

I want to change and follow the new plan because I had started to take the old plan for granted, so I needed something new and fresh.

Affirmation “By changing my actions, I’m improving myself!”

Make a Plan:

Outline incremental, achievable goals and build in rewards along the way. Measure your progress. "When it comes to losing weight, one of the most effective methods is self-monitoring," says psychologist and weight-loss researcher Daniel Kirschenbaum. "Systematically observing and recording target behaviours, such as reduced calorie and fat intake and increased daily exercise, helps you stay on course."

Even the weeks I haven’t lost weight, I’ve congratulated myself on my improved attitude to food and activity; I feel better whatever I weigh.

Create an environment for success:

If you want to eat better, and temptation is your downfall, rid your cupboards of those tempting foods and keep healthy snacks on hand. I can actually keep my favourites in the cupboard now and resist the majority of the time. To exercise more, make sure your workout gear is always clean and put it where you can see it. I’ve always got my walking boots where they can be seen and my dog scoop bags are always in my pocket so I don’t have to get ready, my dog walking gear is at the read.

Swap Bad for Good:

Our bad habits fill a need. As you break old patterns you still need a way to meet these needs. Identify what the payoff is for the bad behaviour and find a positive way to meet it. If you overeat when you're tired or stressed out, try napping, meditating, or going for a walk instead. If you order high-calorie takeaways to save time, prepare a healthy meal but use paper plates to cut down on the clean up. Or learn what you can order that won't throw you off track.

Join Forces:

Numerous studies have shown that if you partner up with one or more people with similar goals, you're more likely to achieve them. Find friends on the group wall or at your meeting. Look for other opportunities, such as enlisting a friend for regular walks or trips to the gym.

Strategise for Relapses:

If you have a plan for how to deal with failure, you'll spend less negative energy on the relapse and be able to get back on track. I’m away this weekend and it’s an annual break that I look forward to so much and I know weight loss is not on the agenda, so Monday when I return whatever the scales say, I will go straight back on the plan.

We can all change, but we have to be willing to!

Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: