Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 29 November 2010

29th November 2010 - facebook email

To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. Katherine Paterson

Have you missed me ;-) We had a lovely weekend in Belgium although I kept telling people I was in Prague and my mate said she was in France! The Christmas market was wonderful and all the more Christmassy after a glass of mulled wine and a turn on the big wheel to view it from the air.

Of course being me, the weekend didn’t go without drama - some bloke tried to snatch my bag on the Sunday afternoon! I don’t recall much of it, my mates filled me in later, but this morning I ache from head to foot! See depending on how you look at it, I was a little bit silly and didn’t let go of my bag, he pulled me over, banging my head on the floor and dragged me about 20 yards along the cobble stones. Luckily he gave up when he realised I wasn’t letting go and a few men started chasing him. They didn’t catch him but at least I still had my bag, which had my camera, iphone, passport, wallet etc in! I have to say I was glad to be back home last night and Alfie is now sat on my lap helping me type ;-)

So if you go Christmas shopping anywhere or just in general, take care with your handbags! Mine’s now all ripped and ruined and I’d only bought it the day before ;-(

So back to food, as let’s be honest that’s far more important! We weren’t too bad this weekend, I think I may have stayed the same on the scales; I enjoyed the mulled Christmas wine and indulged in a local beef dish which was delicious and of course a few glasses of Belgian beer. We had a little chocolate when we went to a demonstration but didn’t overindulge too much at all.

Getting back to a temperature of minus six was a bit brisk; it’s really is winter stew weather isn’t it! I might even have a pie for my dinner today. Of course I won’t be baking it but I can use a can opener to remove the lid off a Fray Bentos ‘classic’ steak and kidney! Half a pie is 10 ProPoints, mmm, I’m going to serve it with mashed potato and vegetables, lovely – can’t wait. And maybe porridge with honey should be on the menu for breakfast to warm me up before I walk Alfie.

This weather is also great for zero or low ProPointed soup to keep you warm and full throughout the day, I might make some of that too later when I get back from my meeting. Next weekend shouldn’t be so eventful although I do have a couple of meals planned so I’d better save some if not all of my weekly allowance for those.

A sure way to lose motivation is depriving yourself of the foods you love. So, don’t do it! With the weekly ProPoints allowance, you have 49 ProPoints values for anything you want to spend it on; treats, extras or unexpected dinner invitations The extra ProPoints values will help you stay on track to your weight-loss goal, and you’ll have fun getting there!
And remember for even more flexibility, you can earn activity ProPoints values that can be swapped for food. You can earn them by getting active – anything counts. Just start by doing more activity than you did before. We must have walked miles round Brussels this weekend, we never got on the trams or metro once and the hotel was a good 30 minute walk from the main centre.

Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?
You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: