Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 13 November 2010

13th November 2010 facebook email

All meaningful and lasting change starts first in your imagination and then works its way out. Imagination is more important than knowledge.


Lesson of the day – DON’T ASSUME because it makes an ASS of U + ME! Yesterday I had a McDonalds and instead of having the big mac which I knew was 14 I had a Big Tasty because I’d never tried one, I ate it then using the nutritional information on the box worked out that it had 24 ProPoints in! Ouch, if I’d stuck to the big mac I’d still be within my total weeks points, now I’m exactly minus ten which means I’ve either got to do some serious walking this weekend or accept that there will be no weight loss. Luckily I’m back at my goal so can afford to go up and down by a few pounds now I’m maintaining but if you’re still losing it’s not the case. So please realise that everything has changed and you need to be recalculating things, that burger was twice the size of the big mac so why was I surprised it would be almost twice the points!

Well I’m thrilled with the feedback I’m getting, everyone seems really fired up and loving the new plan, you all seem to be making the most of your tools, i.e. calcs, scales and the Weight Watchers esource.

I’m loving the fact it takes away the guilt, when I sat eating that burger yesterday I was thinking to myself I have weekly and activity points to cushion this, okay I’ve got over and I need to move more now but 10 over is better than 24!

What I have noticed is ProPoints has made me more honest, whereas in the past I would have suffered from ‘diet amnesia’ and omitted things from my tracker, or maybe had ‘portion distortion’ and made things less points than they were, now I’m being 100% honest because we have that safety net and Weight Watchers have by giving us that weekly allowance made me realise that everyone is obviously the same, we all do it, we all overindulge, we all like a treat, we all have moment of greed and that’s absolutely fine now as long as its within reason.

If you haven’t already done so, use this weekend to go through your cupboards and re-point everything, maybe do a bit of cooking, try that celeriac and apple soup from in the week or something out of the December magazine – can’t believe we have the Christmas magazine already – don’t forget to buy your copy next week.

I’m planning a very relaxing weekend, I’m treating my back to its first massage in 3 weeks, I need it after the hectic week I’ve had, then I have lots of Sky+ programmes to catch up on, I’m going to do some cooking from the new Weight Watchers cook books and I’ll try and earn some of those ProPoints back by walking Alfie.

Keep chatting to each other on our group wall too. If you can’t access it from your phone there’s always the group page,

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=91140272928&ref=ts#!/pages/Bevs-Weight-Watchers/133361767350

Remember life starts now?

Are you living yet?

You’re not alive unless you’re living!

No comments: