Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens.....

18th April 2012

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory. Friedrich Engels
Yay, I lost 2lb just by dropping the processed junk and eating healthier and tastier foods, I’m really pleased with that.  This week I’ve introduced brown rice, pasta and lentils into my diet as well as a bit of oily fish, it’s obviously helped.  I’ve not had any cravings and even yesterday when I was ravenous when I got home on the evening I didn’t overeat, I waited for my tea and that did the job.  Shopping for good stuff didn’t cost me anymore than my usual shop would’ve done and preparing it hasn’t either, I did spend 4 hours cooking Sunday but that’s meant I haven’t spent any time at all in the kitchen so far this week, nor do I have to if I don’t want to because I have a freezer full of meals.

Alfie got to see the vet; he has an infection so hopefully the medication will sort him out, need to take him back Friday.   Not only did my wonderful friend take him to the vets with mom but when I got home from work she’d also cooked my tea and left it on the side – no that’s a friend.

I’ve just mentioned two of the things on my gratitude list, my amazing friends and my dog, there’s not better moment that when I come home and Alfie runs to greet me, well he attacks me actually but in a ‘I love you’ kind of way, he’s so uncontrollably excited that he makes the strangest noises.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) my mates don’t do that when I see them, but I do get the odd welcomed hug and they are always there for me when I need them, definitely blessed I am.

So what would be on your gratitude list, what are you grateful for in your life, it’s too easy to focus on the negative in ones life, especially if you’re having a tough time and not going feeling the best, but thinking about the good stuff, or better still writing a list of all the things to be grateful for in your life really brings home how fabulous life is.

I like to call it my sunshine list, things that I’m grateful for, things that make me smile, things that fill my heart with joy.  The list changes of course, I add things all the time.  Just a few would include (no particular order by the way!);

-         Making my mom laugh – love, love, love that sound.
-         My family
-         My friends
-         My members – I love my work
-         Sunrises and sunsets
-          Herons
-         Clouds
-         Drinking Lager with my bestie
-         Taking a great photo
-         A morning walk
-         The smell of cut grass
-         Trees
-         Music – can’t beat a good tune
-         Singing at the top of my lungs in my car, then laughing when I’m caught by someone else
-         Long, hot, bubble bath
-         A delicious meal
-         My bed

There’s just so much to be grateful for isn’t there and it can be easy to forget that stuff when life gets difficult, also when you’re trying to lose weight you can start to resent your body for not being the size you want it to be, you shouldn’t because that negativity won’t help you lose weight any quicker, but it may slow your progress down.

So have a go at the gratitude thing, start by writing down 10 parts of your body that function well, that’ll make you realise whatever size you are, you need to love your body, it’s the only one you’re getting!  Next write a list of 10 people you are grateful to have in your life (better still also think of 10 people who are grateful to have you in their lives too) and lastly write your sunshine list, make that as long as you like but start with 10 and keep adding to it day after day after day, keep the list on your computer or on your phone, print it out and stick it on your fridge so that when you are having a wobbly day you can take a look at it and see you have a lot of good in your life.

Looks like I’m walking in the rain this morning, I’m grateful for my waterproof today J

No comments: