Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 17 March 2012

SWOT! WOT!

17th March 2012

You don’t have time to hate people who hate you because you’re too busy loving people who love you.

I was hoping for a day cleaning up my office today, but that’s now changed, I’m off to take Alfie to vets (nothing serious) and then for a walk with a friend on the chase, followed by my first massage in a month (my back will love me).  After that it’ll be teatime and I won’t have the energy for anything, so the desk will have to wait till tomorrow.  Tomorrow however will be all about the housework, my house hasn’t had me here for a month of Sundays (literally) and I really need to do something, it’s getting ridiculous!

Just logged into Weight Watchers esource and there’s a recipe for eggs benedict, mmm my very, bestest, all time favourite breakfast, I might be printing that off and adding it to my recipe folder for future use for sure.

I had a really busy day yesterday, had to be in Burton-upon-Trent by 9.30am so I was rushing a little, but it was worth the rush, a good meeting with all my leader friends, followed by lunch and may I say – I left food on my plate!  If I hadn’t the plate of 2 chicken & chorizo skewers, with seasoned chips & BBQ dip would have cost me 23pp!  OUCH!  Then the side salad is full of coleslaw and other dishes covered in fatty dressings so you can count about 9pp a bowl!  Plus the bread roll & butter for about 7 they were like little bullets – triple ouch. So that’s my weeklies gone I guess.  Mmm luckily I’m home this weekend so can stay on track quite easily, I might even get to cook a meal! 

Yesterday at our area meeting we were asked to fill in a SWOT analysis regarding our diet, for those that don’t know that’s a list of your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats!  A very interesting exercise, try it now – what are your strengths when it comes to losing weight, what do you find easy to do.  For me they would include cooking, I’ve spent the last few years teaching myself to cook so that when I do eat, it’s a meal I’ll enjoy.  My running is also a strength, it’s something I’ve introduced into my life and made it a habit, I go at least once a week, and aim for 3.  What are your strengths, what do you know you do well when you are on track. 

Then there’s your weaknesses, what are they, the first on my list was wine and the second was lager!  Followed swiftly by my mate Lynne and our Friday lunches, we’re not the best influence on each other, it’s something we need to work on because we egg each other on, “I will if you will”, not great for the waistline, even if it is a lot of fun at the time.  I also stress eat, or tend to grab when I’m rushing around as eating tasty foods on those days doesn’t seem so important.  So these are things I need to work on.

Opportunities well that varies for everyone, for me yesterday I wrote finding time to run, using weight watchers esource (to help me find ideas, read successes to motivate me, and to track on), taking half hour to plan my meals for the week and a shopping list, getting Lynne on side and in the zone so we can eat out and lose weight, finding a meeting I could attend for support and motivation.

Threats – Friday afternoons, weekends, being too busy, not making time for me, not finding time to run, being led astray (although I’m easily led!)

What would you’re SWOT analysis look like ;-) I bet a lot of you would have chocolate in there somewhere, that might be a weakness for you, an opportunity would be to treat yourself to a box of Weight Watcher bars and have one a day for 2pp, a threat may be Mothers Day tomorrow and what you’re children might give you, hint heavily today for flowers or money – you don’t want a box of Maltesers for 40pp!

Right lots to do, I better get on, might clear my desk before I walk the dog after all.

Have a fab day. xx


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I particularly love today's blog,Bev. How do you manage to find such inspirational words so early in the morning? It's always so honest... And that's you down to the ground. enjoy your day.. Hope I can perhaps join you for another walk on the Chase some time, too. Katie x

Bev said...

I have no idea Katie, half the time I don't even remember what I've wrote and have to go back to check if someone mentions it ;-) A walk on the chase sometime sounds great. xx