Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 2 March 2012

Buon finesettimana. xx

2nd March 2012

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.

In June last year, I snuggled on the sofas with my friends on a Sunday morning and watched Eat, Pray, Love, it was a wonderful movie and I must watch it again soon, it was full of thought provoking quotes and words of wisdom.  If you’ve read my blog from the beginning you’ve have a bit of deja vue here because I have shared this before.   In one scene of the film there’s an Italian barber talking to Julia Roberts who’s playing the lead role American lady, he says about the Americans, but I think you can include us Brits in this too;

“You don’t know how to enjoy yourselves.  You work too hard then you get burned out and spend the whole weekend at home in your pajamas in front of the tv.  But you don’t know pleasure, you have to be told that you’ve earn’t it.  But an Italian doesn’t need to be told, he works by a sign that says, you deserve a break today, and he says yeah I know that’s why I’m planning on taking a break at noon to go over to your house and sleep withy our wife!  Then another man sayins we call it about "dolce far niente", the sweetness of doing nothing."  We are masters of it.

After watching that film, I told my dear friend Chantel that I wanted to experience a little bit of “dolce far niente” myself in Italy, so that’s why today I am flying to Rome for the weekend to do just that. 

A few people have said to me, ooo you must make sure you see this and visit that and go here and there and etc etc etc.  My plan is to have no plans other than wander around, find a cafĂ©, eat pasta, drink red wine and watch the world go by.  If I happen to see any of the touristy places en-route then I will enjoy them otherwise they will have to wait until another time.

This week I have witnesses so much rushing and talk of how busy everyone is, myself included.  I know so many people who are afraid to stop or feel they can’t stop because they have so much to do and if it doesn’t get done…..

You know the rest, so remember that extra day we had this year that happened this week, why not this weekend keep a few of those hours for yourself to experience “dolce far niente”

Buon finesettimana. xx





No comments: