Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 22 August 2011

Just another Manic Monday

22nd August 2011

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln

I wasn't ready to wake up this morning after such a full weekend I could've lay there a little longer. My walk with Alfie has sorted me out though, I'm good to go and ready to get back on track too.

If I ever go to Drayton Manor Park or anywhere similar again, I'll definitely take food, I enjoy fast food as much as the next person but only if it's good fast food, not the nasty stuff like they had on offer yesterday and it was overpriced - £2.95 for curly fries that filled a paper cup – ridiculous! At least we had coupons to get in buy one get one free (they're on Drayton website if you’re interested)

Having said that the rest of the day was brilliant even though we didn't go on many rides because of the queues the kids loved it and that's all that matters. Long day though got there at ten and left at seven, boy did I sleep last night.

Today in looking forward to some healthy eating and gonna drink lots of water to rehydrate my body. It's really important to drink plenty of fluids whilst the weather is so hot.

I did manage to do my 30mins of my 0-5k before I went yesterday though, it was day one of week three and I'm up to 3mins running at a time now and still feeling like I want to continue.

The scales are definitely going to be saying 'oh dear Beverley, what you been doing this week', it's not gonna be pretty but it's ok because it's not staying, I plan to get it shifted and the six weeks are almost finished so won't be entertaining kids on days out much longer. We are out Friday for the day again but I'm packing a picnic I'm not eating overpriced junk food that I don't like again.

This weekends a Bank Holiday and I'm going to be earning activity and brownie points painting the gate for mom and catching up with my ironing which I haven't touched in a couple of months I reckon!  And hopefully I’ll get to fit in a bit of cooking too out of the new One Pot cookbook which arrives on Wednesday, I’ve got my advance copy and there’s some great stuff in it.

A week at work to get through first though ;), unlike most people I love Monday mornings, it sets me up for the week and because I had a bit of a lie in this morning, this is gonna be a short blog.  If you don’t like getting up to go to work on a Monday, maybe it’s time to rethink your job, because I saw a lot of people working yesterday who were as miserable as sin – if you’re not a people person, don’t work at a theme park!

Have a marvellous Monday xx




No comments: