Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 1 August 2011

Has someone took your batteries out?

1st August 2011

Life has no remote - you have to get up and change it yourself!

5am and I can’t believe it’s Monday morning again, the first of August to, July sure went fast.  Dietwise this weekend went better than last and I used all my weeklies and some of my pedometer activity ProPoints so I hoping for a loss this morning, 1lb will suit me fine. 

My mate saw the sunshine yesterday and decided to leave the housework for yet another day, like me she believes it can wait - after all it'll still be there when it's raining. Instead she took her kids swimming then to the park where she showed them the simple joy of playing Pooh sticks :-) we look the Pooh Bear. Just goes to show entertaining the kids doesn't have to cost a fortune and neither does enjoying ourselves, I enjoy my daily morning walk more than anything else I do and that costs me nothing but time. And kids just want your attention, let’s be honest they don't really care what the house looks like.

If you take a look at life, it's pretty monotonous so you have to find pleasure in the day to day normalness of living. For about ten years from around the age of 25 I was always planning the next big trip, something to keep me going when I was sat at work miserable. Looking back I realise that it was because I wasn't enjoying my day to day life, that I was always planning to do so much, don't get me wrong I had some amazing adventures and wonderful experiences but these days I'm happy with or without those plans. I now enjoy the small stuff and the everyday life I have. I enjoy going to work because my job is so rewarding, I find sitting in my office tinkering on my computer relaxing and a little too time-consuming and I could walk the dog in the morning for hours if I only had more time. I used to find cooking a task and now it's something I would do everyday if I too could find the time.

TIME - it's the one thing we only get so much of, so it's important to make the most of what you get. When we're gone hopefully we won't be remembered by others as "oh you mean that lady who always had a tidy house", no I wanna be remembered as the woman who had a great smile and used it a lot, how do you wanna be remembered?

Have you enjoyed your weekend, are you happy to be at work today or looking after your kids, if the answers yes - great. If the answers no, ask yourself what needs to happen to change that. I don't remember waking up one day and being fulfilled and happy with my life, it was a gradual process, although looking back,I do remember being miserable and stroppy a great deal and not having time for people although then I wasn't aware it was because I was unhappy, I just thought that was how life was and now I realise it doesn't have to be.

And before you think I'm too good to be true - I still have my off days but I'm aware of them and tell myself they won't last and things can always be worse.

I've just realised that's how I am with my eating habits and weight loss efforts too, I enjoy eating healthy and moving more but at the same time I acknowledge that I enjoy overindulging, so when I do that I'm aware of it and I tell myself it won't last, I'll get back on track soon enough because things could always be worse, I could be back to the size I was when I started.

I'm enjoying the journey - are you?

Let’s make August an amazing month, full of enjoyment.

No comments: