Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 19 October 2020

Oooo Vision board anyone?

 Monday 19th October 2020 

A satisfied life is better than a successful life, because our success is measured by others, our satisfaction is measured by our own soul, heart and mind. 

You'd think because my blog is later than usual that would mean I'd had a good night - you'd be wrong lol, but I won't bore you with it again, lets just say I thought keeping her up a bit longer and going to bed a bit later might make her stay in bed a bit longer - I was wrong!

Anyways it's Monday and I've already stripped and remade mom's bed, I am going to tackle the housework today, I've put it off all weekend, but no more, the hoover will be found and used!  

Yesterday's virtual workshop went well, always good to see everybody on a Sunday morning, even if the rest of the morning was truly difficult with mom, she's not good at all and I'm glad yesterday's done.  I did lift her a little as the day went on but I wished her leg would bloody heal, I really do, she's got enough on her plate with the Alzheimer's and Vascular Dementia without adding more to it!

I cooked a lovely lamb dinner and that was the highlight of my day, not gonna lie!  Got some work done though so that's a bonus. Hoping to get a good walk in with Alfie today and I think I might dig out the slow cooker and through some stuff in there.  We'll see. 

I'm just trying to be better than the person I was yesterday, I'm in competition with no-one, I have no desire to pay the game of being better than anyone, I just want to be better and do better.  

I had a chat with a lovely lady yesterday and we talked about her making improving herself a project, I love this idea, my mates know I love a project and in a year where we've all been blindsided by Covid, where we may have forgotten why we joined WW in the first place, this could be a great idea for the rest of the year.  Project ME!  

I suggested a vision board, I've not done one of these for a long time, what and why do a vision board?  It focuses you on what's important, it can be really helpful if you're struggling with your WHY.

The process of creating your vision board is just as important as the actual board itself.  Take some time out to look through magazines, papers or online for images and words, this will help you get focused and dream big.  It's fun to do and also gives you a visual reminder for the rest of the year of your goals.  You can put your board where you can see it it and refer to it and change if required.

Get yourself a board - it could be from the side of a cardboard box, a cork noticeboard or if you're more pc savvy you could use Pinterest to create yours.  I like the idea of glue sticks / scissors / mags / pens / scrapbook stuff.   It's a great Sunday afternoon or day off on a drab day thing to do.  

When completed you could take a photo of it and have it as your screensaver on your phone, or print a smaller version out to carry round in your purse.

Ooo we could have a virtual zoom vision board party to share them when we've done them or to share ideas and chat about it all whilst doing it.  Ooo last year we did a Crafternoon for Mind to raise funds, this year that's more important than ever, so maybe this could be the theme!  A virtual crafternoon on Zoom, they say December 5th, leave that with me!   I'm all over this idea!  Start collecting your magazines and newspapers!  Let me know your thoughts!

Anyway, I'm gonna go make me another cuppa, I've got stuff to clean - boo! I've got other stuff to do too, a busy Monday for me I reckon.  

Let's start this week off positive and give ourselves a fighting chance.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx 




No comments: