Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 23 October 2019

STRUGGLING.COM! Are you?

Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Just because you are struggling doesn't mean you are failing.


I'm not the person I was, even a year ago, I've changed an awful lot over the years, for the better I feel but others may not agree ;) I've done things over the last few years I honestly thought I never would or could.  Someone called me resilient yesterday and yes I liked that description, I am, been awake on and off since 2 with mom, she's not had the best night but I know by soothing her and talking to her, it calms her and she goes back to sleep.  Being so close in the next room she's never alone and scared for long, her dreams are so vivid, I got called 'mom' last night xx So yes I've changed a great deal.

I'd already changed in my attitude to weight loss long before then, I used to be obsessed with my weight, then I decided one day it was more important to love myself for who I was not what I looked like and the game changed.  Don't get me wrong, I still prefer to be lighter, but healthier and happier comes first, I also have a different idea of what my goal weight should be, I'm not guided by the BMI chart but more by how I feel and how liveable that weight is.  So the fact I've lost 1/2lb this week after maintaining for almost a month has made me smile because I know like so many others I'm struggling at the moment to focus and stick to the plan but I know at the same time I haven't gone into full on sod it mode like I have done in the past.

SO when you're STRUGGLING.COM as one of my members posted last night what do you do?

If you've not at the moment, you probably have at some time, we've all been there.  Heck it might be that you've even got to your goal weight, then for some reason you just lose the plot.  It could be that something happens, it could be something as simple as you releasing the reigns a little after being a super strict WWer and you find the WW wagon running away from you and you can't catch it.  Or it might be a life change such as illness or a new job, all these things can cause a wobble.  Maybe you've just got a little too comfortable with the plan and the odd habit is slipping back in you think it's okay, I'll still lose weight, or I'll be okay with a couple of weeks off plan, I'll get back to it and then you can't it's slipping out your control and you feel you've ruined everything.  What to do?

How do we get our mojo back?  Firstly lose the attitude, yeah you know what I'm talking about, the 'What's the point' thinking, the 'I've blown it, I may as well give up', 'Everyone else can do it but me, I'm hopeless'. YEAH lose that, I've been there, self pity isn't pretty and it's not very helpful either.

Okay now you've got rid of grumpy, it's not fair you, let's remind ourselves of how far we've come, even if you've gained all of it like I had back in May, remember you can lose weight, you've done it before.  It's a journey with no final destination!  Life happens, things change, we adapt.  Hell weight loss for me was so much easier when all I had to do was go to work, I used to go to the gym at 6am in the morning or straight from work, I had no responsibilities, my biggest decision was what to blow my wages on when pay day arrived.  Oh for those days, these days it's more like do I have any wages left on pay day, I couldn't go to the gym even if I could afford it.  But I don't mind, that's life and I'm still smiling, all 12st 9.5lb of me, yeah these days I don't care who know what I weigh either, I've been everything from 8st 9lb to almost 14st, they're just numbers, I've been miserable at a size 8 and I'm happy at my size 14/16 now, so yeah I've learned to love what I have.

Stop looking back, you're not going that way, stop regretting decisions you've made, food you've eaten, mistakes you've made, learn from them, look at what you've done and see if you couldn't done something differently, would it have made a difference, did you rush your weight loss, were you too strict, did you cut too many things out.  Give yourself a break!  What's done is done, moving forward make the journey enjoyable, going to WW isn't a punishment!  Losing weight shouldn't make you miserable, you're going to get back to taking care of yourself, because you are the most important person in your life - yes you are.

Let's start by seeing what's going on, get a pad out and write it all down, start tracking again, the app is brilliant, but sometimes it's good to get a good old notebook and use a pen, write down what you eat, when you eat it, why you eat it, what's going on in your life that's influencing your emotions and could you do something to soothe yourself other than eat?  Remember we haven't got to get to goal in a week!  Take your time, visualise your goal, if you choose to make one, maybe like me you'll just decide to eat as healthy as you can and take care of yourself as best as you're able and hopefully weight loss will be a side effect.

Make tweaks not massive changes, it's the little things we do daily that make the difference long term.  Like the tumbler of water I have on my desk that I've been carrying round with me for the last few weeks, I'm drinking 2 or 3 of these a day thanks to the Wellness Wins on the WW app, I don't know why but it's working for me better than a drinks bottle.   Don't forget you get Wins for attending your workshop and that's only one benefit of making sure you go to your workshop every week, if I have to explain the others, I'm in the wrong job!

If rewarding yourself as you lose will help do that too, but not with food, you're not a dog!  Having said that make sure the food you're eating is food you enjoy, you won't still to a weight loss plan for long if you don't enjoy what you're eating.  The temperatures dropped and what we eat will change so give yourself some time to adjust.

Oh and last but not least DON'T COMPARE!  This is your journey, we are all different, at different stages of our life and don't do this for anyone else - DO IT FOR YOU!

WE GOT THIS!  Let's get our pad and pen and start to get back on it, you with me?

Mwah,

Luv ya,

Love me.

No comments: