Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 17 October 2019

I went a little nuts, thanks Anita 😉

Thursday 17th October 2019
If you feel like you're losing everything, remember that trees lose their leaves every year and still they stand tall and wait for better days to come.

YAY, we've had a good nights sleep, only woken a couple of times by mom one of which was her having a coughing fit and just happened to be at the same time 2 foxes or cats (not sure) had a fight with each other outside, thankfully I kept Alfie calm and we didn't wake her up.  Now it could've been coincidence, it could've been the tablet she took for the second time cos they didn't help her sleep the night before, or it could've been the Avon spray I used for the first time, sleep therapy linen spray stuff Carol gave me last night, but whatever it was I'm just glad she's had some decent sleep, especially as she'd slept most of the day too, poor loves exhausted emotionally I reckon.

Well I started well yesterday, eggy crumpet, only had one and sliced it down the middle, soaked in egg and dry fried, had with another egg and some dry fried spring onion, plum tomatoes and mushrooms to get my veg count up.


For dinner I had chicken hot pot, ma'an I love food like this;


Then a very kind lady bought me a bag of nuts, unfortunately they were a 250g (46SP) size bag and I'd guess there's about 50g left, the only saving grace was they were my tea, I didn't eat anything else.  They're out my system now though, I felt quite sick when I finally stopped the salt addictive binge!  I've already in deficit on my weeklies and my new week only started yesterday, after another week of maintaining, which is again excellent considering the last couple of bad weeks moms had, I'm hanging in there.

Let's focus on the positives, I'm trying to consciously up my fruit and veg because of this weeks workshop so the different ones I've had since Monday are;

cabbage
potatoes (don't count towards 5 a day though)
banana
carrots
onions
spring onions
mushrooms
plum tomatoes (yellow and red)

I'm going to make more breakfast muffins today and add apple slices to them, plus I'll have green beans for lunch, I've got chicken hotpot all day today, being frugal ain't I.  That entire dish cost no more than £3.50 to make and it fed me, mom and Alfie yesterday and there's still 3 or 4 portions left, I think there was 8 or 9 thighs for £179, I didn't eat the cooked skin but Alfie did!  About 12SP for a large portion with 2 thighs in.  Cheap and delicious.  I have a frozen pack of a whoopsie reduced 5% beef mince in freezer, although it's only a fiver for 1kg in Aldi at the moment, I'm thinking tomorrow, I might put it in the slow cooker with some oxo, peas, make something delicious, maybe top with mash potato.  Or, ooo I could put it in there and top with the can of mulligatawny soup I have in the cupboard.  Maybe, that sounds quite tasty, would be nice on jacket potatoes.  We'll see.  I want to get myself a selection of cheap meals I can cook regularly that I really like, but not too regularly that I get bored out my brains.  That reminds me I promised to post this recipe that is cheap and delicious and I will definitely be cooking at some point, it's delicious and I'm just looking at it thinking if you feel the need for meat you could add diced chicken, or even serve a breast of chicken on the top, but I like it just as it it;

A Pot of Love 

33sp total, Serves 4, 8sp per serving 

Try this delicious one-pot meal with lentils, a rich source of iron to boost your energy and love you up.

1 tbsp olive oil (5sp)
2 onions, chopped
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp cinnamon
4 sliced carrots
100g dried lentils (8sp)
200g brown rice (19sp)
500ml stock
1 diced apple (unpeeled)
4 sliced spring onions

In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and cinnamon, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in carrots, lentils and rice; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the apple and spring onions, then cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the spring onions are heated through. 

I've just found this one too as I was digging out the other recipe, a great way to get your five a day.

Raclette

Serves 4, 6 Smart Points per serving.

Melted cheese over vegetables – simple. And simply delicious!

4sprays calorie controlled cooking spray
500g New potatoes, raw (10SP)
200g Spinach
2 medium Leeks
1 medium Red pepper(s)
100g Mushrooms
300g Broccoli, raw
300g Cauliflower, Raw
Black pepper
100g Emmental Cheese (15SP)

Spray 4 gratin or raclette dishes with calorie-controlled cooking spray. 

Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for about 15 minutes, until tender. 

Pour a kettleful of boiling water over the spinach to wilt the leaves, then drain well. After about 5 minutes, stir-fry the leeks, pepper and mushrooms together in a little calorie-controlled cooking spray. Cook the broccoli and cauliflower together in a little boiling water, until tender (about 6 minutes). Drain well. 

Put the potatoes and spinach into one dish; the leek and pepper mixture into a second dish and the broccoli and cauliflower into a third dish. Season with black pepper. 

Preheat a medium-hot grill. Sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables, and grill for 4-5 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve at once. 

Okay, I'm off to get ready for work, so glad I've had some sleep, gonna enjoy today now, loved my workshops so far this week, I can feel my mood is in a good place lately despite everything that's going on with mom.  I enjoyed watching a couple of movies whilst she mainly slept through them yesterday, you can guarantee if I move she wakes though.  If you haven't already seen Widows, it's good, a little violent for me but I coped, then I watched the film about Churchill, Darkness something, oh I absolutely loved it, I was really surprised as I'm not really into history or period dramas, or anything like that but I lapped it up, so much so, I plan to watch Dunkirk at the weekend.  I'm not going to lie, of course I knew who Churchill was and I've heard of Dunkirk and the wars but I've never studied them and I didn't really know everything that happened, found it really interesting and emotional.  Just realising that if they hadn't done what they did back then, we wouldn't be where we are today, now there's something to be grateful for as you start your day, imagine if there hadn't been a Churchill, what a different country this would most likely be right now!


Here's to making the most of the day ahead!  Mwah,

luv ya


Love me xx😉😉😉

No comments: