Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 27 October 2019

Nice to get an extra hour

Sunday 27th October 2019
Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.


In bed by 8 I was, oh yes, I'll take the chance of sleep whenever I can, anyone who's heard of or experienced 'sundowning' in a dementia sufferer will know how unpleasant it can be, well after quite a good day, we had a no so good sundowning so when she said she wanted to go to bed I was 'hell yeah, let's do that!'  Initially I'd planned to watch tele on my phone for a bit but instead she asked me to stay with her for a bit, which I did, I listened to her chat, then I went to bed and actually slept.  We were both startled at midnight when for some unknown reason her clock in her room decided to alarm!  Not sure why but she's messed with it over the last few days so could've pressed anything.  The upside of that was we'd be getting an extra hour in bed (yeah in case you haven't yet, the clocks went back in the night).  She did a bit of walking about in the night but nothing too bad, I've managed  probably 7 or 8 hours of broken sleep but sleep all the same and now it's 5 and we've been up an hour, I've been playing on the internet looking for my next crochet project, which I may have finally found.

I made my grey peas but they don't taste so great, I'm not sure why, but I'm thinking would foxes like them?  I did eat a bowl yesterday, had toast for breakfast so once again, didn't fill my meals with veggies.  I do solemnly swear today I will cook cabbage and carrots and eat some proper food!  One cannot live on bites of cheese and ham from the fridge alone, especially now it's all gone lol.

Payday yesterday, I'm still on a spending diet and I'm not doing badly if I'm honest, I've cut down massively on what I spend on food and drink, I haven't bought any none essentials, I lie, I've just spent 80p on a pattern for a baby blanket, we'll call that my payday treat ;) It's surprising me how often I go to buy something without really thinking do I need this or just want it and if I just want it, would I still want it in a months time or do I have something similar, am I been greedy.

I'm loving trying to eat in a more simplistic way too, not overthinking food is probably why I'm not eating as well as I should be so I need to balance that out.  I need to get my kitchen mojo back, cook some good hearty food that will satisfy me both physically and emotionally.   One of my members said her plan for the week was to eat fish twice at least because that's what we're advised to, she has a point, I'll make a conscious effort to do the same.  It's so easy to cook too, either use the Maggi liners or cook in the bags or pan fry or microwaves, even pop it in some foil in the oven, 20 minutes and its cooked, I still have some in my freezer too.

I'm hoping for a walk this morning, think it's finally stopped raining, Alfie's not been out for two days, I was impressed with a busy workshop yesterday though, they weren't scared of the rain, we all supported each others struggles, celebrated the successes and generally enjoyed our morning.

Here's to enjoying my day, Alfie's dogging me, I need to go show him it's still dark.  Catch ya tomo

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx

No comments: