Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 28 October 2019

Autumn colours and roast veg mmm

Monday 28th October 2019
The business of life is the acquisition of memories (Carson, Downton abbey)


Who knew my liking of going to bed so early would one day become a necessity 😉 last nights escapades of mom included waking me up around 1ish to tell me about her clock and that she was scared it was going to electrocute her, so I offered to remove it from the room and she was happy with that, the next waking involved a request for toilet paper and then this morning when I went into her around half four her first line was, 'I have no idea of the time, I don't even have a clock'.  Gotta love her!  

We didn't have too bad a day yesterday, a bit of sundowning around tea time but otherwise not so bad, I'm still amused that we've had the heating in the house on all summer and I've had to walk round in my bra and pants and now it's actually gone colder outside, she's having hot flushes and we're sitting with the window open.  

One of my happy's from yesterday though included the best dinner ever.  Knowing that I get less likely to cook as the day goes on, I prepared my veggies early on.


I went all out, chicken thighs (yes I know they're higher in points but they're also delicious and cheaper plus I only had 1 and if I'd bought a chicken I would've ended up eating all the skin anyway and leaving the breast for the dog like I usually do!) roast parsnips, orange and yellow carrots, onions and spuds, then I did cabbage, mash and sprouts, not forgetting the Yorkshire of course.  How many points?  No clue, I didn't work it out, it was the only meal I had all day and my body needed those veggies. 


Thanks to my sister sitting with mom, I managed a walk with my brother after I walked Alfie, we went without dogs as one of his had a poorly paw, it was a refreshing change to walk at our own pace I have to say.  


It was also wonderful to see the cygnets starting to turn from grey to white, did you know a group of swans is called a bevy, no wonder I like to see them!  Seeing all 3 of the cygnets had survived was a wonderful sight.  It was a glorious crisp morning yesterday, the autumn colours in the trees with the bright sun was incredible, just look at those colours; 





It may have only been an hour and 2.5 miles but it cleared my head and every step counts, activity adds up, we don't have to get all sweaty at the gym, this is free and on my door step, most people in the UK have a canal path local or something similar, heck just a walk round their local streets can bring interesting things to look at, if you only pay attention.   I managed to earn 14 FitPoints yesterday, with that walk and the dog walk, plus the quick walk over the Co-op for those chicken thighs, 2 for £4, 5 in each tray, the other ones gone in the freezer.  I could've had 6 from Aldi for £1.65, they would've been about £1 per KG cheaper, this is why I need to try and plan a little more, it'd definitely help me save even more money.  

That's what we're discussing in workshops this week, truths about moving more, of course as always we'll recap on the week before and cover anything that pops up in the chat, that's why I love the workshops, no two are the same. 

Well I reckon this morning should be all about planning, both my workshop notes and some meals, getting a shopping list in order so that I don't have to run over the local shop next weekend.  I don't have to cook today as I made a spare dinner, which I actually want for my breakfast because it was so good, I wanted it last night but I was still stuffed from the first one, you can't beat good grub and that was most definitely good grub, even if I do say so myself!  I mean parsnips, I can't believe the last time I had parsnips and when I did, I hadn't cooked them myself from scratch.  I love this time of year, stewed, casseroles, dinners, ooo I can make a stew this week again, I bought some whoopsie beef whilst I was over the Co-op so at least that made up for the price of the chicken lol.   Another meal I need to have is cod in butter sauce, I'd said in my workshop Saturday that now the cod in them is so tiny, I would add an extra frozen cod fillet, then yesterday Tina came up with a great idea of using one to make a fish pie for one, what a great idea, add a bit of salmon or prawns if you're not allergic like me, then plonk a bit of mash on top and you have fish pie, genius!

I can't top that so I'll get on with my day, here's to a good one, you in?  It is Monday after all, chance to press reset. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: