Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 October 2019

Halloween or Hello Wine?

Thursday 31st October 2019
I've found that if you tuck one part of your trouser leg into your sock, people expect less of you 😛


Yesterday once again showed me how many wonderful people I have in my life, I posted that Aldi was discontinuing my favourite wine and that if anyone could get me any from any stores I'd be really grateful, I'd hoped to get out for a quick drive to store myself but mom starting to have a panic about me leaving the house so I couldn't.  Well at least half dozen went on the search for me, not all were successful but it's the thought that counts.   Should you find yourself close to an Aldi, go have a look for me Cambalala pinotage-shiraz it is £3.95 a bottle, get me whatever is on the shelf, I'll reimburse you ;) 


Today I need to get back to tracking properly, I managed a stayed the same on the scales again yesterday, by the skin of my teeth, then last night I finally caved and treated myself to fish and chips from the chippy after work, I have to say the chips were great but the fish well it was a bit dry, I'd rather have had one of the ones in my freezer.  I couldn't eat all the chips, I weighed what was left after mom and I had some each and it was 300g, so the portion was quite the size to start with!  It's out my system now anyway, I've been craving it for a few weeks now and I'm glad it wasn't all that, I could've made a few meals with what it cost too!

I realised yesterday upon some investigation of the progress of moms illness that her symptoms are all there in the information https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/symptoms-and-diagnosis/how-dementia-progresses/progression-alzheimers-disease except the life expectancy bit, she's outliving that lol, fighter for sure, it's been almost 6 years since she had her official diagnosis of vascular dementia and Alzheimers but she'd had it for a year or two prior and I'd just not bothered to have her diagnosed because she didn't want to admit it and I couldn't see the point.  She is getting much worse now though and it's the hardest thing to watch, seeing her get scared / frustrated / angry / emotional and it's not just her actions it's the look on her face and the fear in her eyes, it breaks my heart.  If I didn't have to work for the wages, I'd seriously contemplate staying home all the time until she passes as I appear to be her comfort blanket right now, she still has her turns when I'm there but she's definitely not as bad.  Anything out of the norm just terrifies her, hence me going to the shop, I feel for any old person who's having to do what I'm doing for a loved one, it's hard enough at my age so it must be exhausting as you get older. 

Anyway, let's talk about something else, I watched a couple of videos yesterday, one was Robbie talking to WW about mental health, worth a watch if you have half hour to spare 

🎥 YouTube: https://youtu.be/VLtODLeXhro
🎙 Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/2MfacFi
🎙 Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2M5c7MD
🔗 More info: http://bit.ly/WWUKPodcast


The other was a simple Facebook video why don't we talk anymore, it's good to talk, apparently there's 9 million people in Britain that are lonely.  When Bonnie dropped off my wine yesterday, her lad went in and gave mom some chocolate and crisps, mom talked about him for ages afterwards and he was only in there a couple of minutes.  Can you imagine what it's like to be stuck in your house day in, day out and not see a soul?   Cadbury's are doing a campaign too for Age UK, they tell us there’s a crisis in the UK. 1.4 million older people struggle with loneliness. 225,000 often go a whole week without speaking to anyone. Just a simple hello, or checking in on them, https://youtu.be/6C0h4HjkJgA a few little words makes all the difference. 

Ooo it's Halloween today, I'm not a fan if I'm honest, but it's very popular now isn't it, so if you're celebrating enjoy and don't use it as an excuse to forget being healthy for the rest of the week, you know that won't help you in the long term.  As one of my members last night said, remember why you're doing this and he's doing great with his weight loss, he's smiling too!  Yes when we eat well, we feel well, when we feel well, we smile more, simples.  On that note I'm go get ready for work, although it's only 5am still (thanks mom lol).  Catch some of you in my workshops today, otherwise I'll bore you with my blog again tomorrow, mwah

luv ya 

Love me xx





No comments: