Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 2 April 2018

Yesterday was a truly good day

2nd April 2018
Never give up because great things take time.


Can I just start by saying my turkey roast yesterday was the highlight of my weekend, actually yesterday up till about 7 was just about one of the best days this year, mom was great, we laughed like we used to before Alzheimer’s got in the way on a day to day basis.  Yeah April 1st, Easter Sunday 2018 will stay in my memories as a really, good day where nothing exceptional happened except a delicious meal and the love and laughter between me and my mom.  

I love that my bestie is in the new WW advert, she looks amazing and had such a wonderful time making it too.  https://www.facebook.com/weightwatchersuk/videos/1639309089438036/UzpfSTU5NTczMDg2MToxMDE1NTkwOTg1NjI5NTg2Mg/ plus she’s on the main page when you log into www.weightwatcherslocal.co.uk and http://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/ - its brill, she’s always been one of my superstars and now she’s Weight Watchers too, I’d like it noted, I knew her before she was famous :)

If you are a Weight Watchers success story, why not complete the form online and let others know, https://www.weightwatchersstories.co.uk/ it doesn’t take long to upload a then and now photo, you don’t have to be at your final destination either, you could be anywhere along your journey. 

Anyway back to food, my dinner really was good, I need to cook more roast dinners, I love veggies and gravy, I really do.  I cooked my turkey crown upside down then flipped it for the last half hour and put bacon on it, the roasters were perfection on a plate and what made it even more delicious was watching mom eat proper food and enjoy it, I love to see my food appreciated, especially by my mom.  There’s enough for dinner today, I plated up two extra dinners, then there’s turkey left over for sandwiches and/or curry, I’ve not decided what to do with the leftovers.

I bought the Co-op meal deal yesterday too, £5 for 2 large fish, packet of fish dippers (mom will like them), chips, peas and crème egg ice-cream, the fish along should have been £3 odd, we had some of the ice cream as our pudding instead of a chocolate egg, it’s lush.  There’s a few meals in that lot for a fiver, all helping towards my savings.  I’ll still be working my way through the other stuff in the cupboards over this month.

My dinner yesterday reminded me how delicious vegetables are, roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, onions, all of them are just so tasty, made me want to get back to cooking proper meals and get some fresh stuff in to go with all that tinned stuff in the cupboard and frozen fish in the freezer.  Maybe a week on No Count is called for, then I can enjoy more of those potatoes or probably more sensible for me to stick with Flex and enjoy normal portions of the potatoes with the other stuff! 

Now to decide what to do with the Turkey, frittata, turkey pot pie, grilled sandwich, curry, decisions, decisions. Maybe Turkey Chow Mein or bubble and squeak. 

This is why I’ll never be skinny, food is just too good.  I need to stop looking for recipe ideas for turkey and go make my mom another cuppa.

Enjoy your first Bank Holiday Monday, it’s raining here in true bank holiday style!   

No comments: