Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 5 April 2018

A happy day = a day full of delicious food


5th April 2018
Be kind to unkind people, they need it the most.

When it’s been so long since you took it seriously, that you’ve almost forgotten what to do!  Yep that’s me at the moment, I’ve gone right back to basics, yesterday was a much better day than Tuesday.   What made it even easier was my sister agreed to do a bit of cooking for me, I supply the ingredients, she cooks, we both eat – win/win, we also had a lovely hour shopping for the ingredients. 

My meals yesterday looked like this, I was aiming for as low as possible to compensate for the Tuesdays overuse of points, plus I wanted to roll over the 4sp.  Breakfast was my sisters delicious chicken patties, she’d made them for me a few weeks ago and I’d frozen them, unlike sausages, they don’t repeat on me. 
Chicken patties
makes 5 zero point patties, only need to point the buns if you use.

1½ lbs. chicken breast, diced into very small pieces
1/3 cup finely diced green bell pepper
2 spring onions, thinly sliced (green part only)
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

5 hamburger buns (25sp) (use brown warburton thins for No Count) (15sp)

lettuce (optional)
sliced tomato (optional)

wax paper, cut into ten 5" x 6" pieces
2 freezer bags
cooking spray

Combine the chicken, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.

Spray ten wax paper pieces with cooking spray and lay out on the counter (spray side up).

Place 1/2 cup of chicken mixture onto five pieces of wax paper.

Flatten the chicken mixture with your fingers so it is evenly flat and top each chicken patty with wax paper (sprayed side down). Keep refrigerated until ready to use.

Fry them with spray light and serve on buns.



Lunch was Salmon, veg and lentils, I prefer lentils in something rather than on their own, like a dahl or curry.

Then my sister bought round bacon and lentil soup, we both agreed it needed less fluid and something else, this was where we had the recipe from http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/bacon-and-lentil-soup To eat it I added a spoon of wholegrain mustard to mine, and had a couple of slices of bread and spread then it wasn’t so bad.  Not one I’d repeat I have to say but it did fill me up ready for work last night  and stopped me fancying chippy when I’d finished.
Now the Yuk Sung which she made for my dinner, that was so good, I thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful and I wasn’t tempted to have anything afterwards,

Not sure what recipe my sister used, but this is the one I use when I do make it. I think she used same.

Yuk Sung

Serves 4,
pork mince = 8sp per portion,
extra lean pork mince = 4sp per portion,
chicken mince = 0sp per portion.

Use either Pork mince, raw (30sp),
Extra lean pork mince (5% fat), raw (13sp)
or 450g chicken mince (0sp)

1/4lb mushrooms, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 small tins water chestnuts, finely chopped
WW Oil spray if necessary to fry
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 tsp Oyster sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil (2sp) Optional or use spray light
Iceberg lettuce

Put spray light in wok on medium heat. Fry onion and garlic until slightly brown, add mince and fry until brown. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts. Add seasoning, oyster sauce and finally add 1tsp sesame oil (optional). Drain excess oil and serve in iceberg lettuce leaves
Thanks to Laura talking about her omelettes in the meeting last night, that’s breakfast sorted.  She’d had a cracking good week, lost 3.5lb this week and had omelette for breakfast every day, obviously there’s no magic in them but what she knew was it had filled her up and stopped her snacking all week and that’s the magic of protein, it fills you up for longer.  My sisters gonna sort my dinner – how lucky am I!

She introduced me to this yesterday too, we were in Sainsbury’s, I love these coleslaw mixes, not seen this one before, there’s a sachet of sweet chilli sauce you can use or lose in the bag, I used it but next time I might use a bit of low fat mayo instead but it was so good, there’s some left and it ensures I eat salad, because there’s no way I’m chopping it up myself.

Florette Thai Slaw 210g £1

Let’s finish with a bit of motivation, here’s the link to my very, lovely friend Vicky morphing from her then to now photo, she’s always been BeYOUtiful to me but now she is absolutely blooming BeYOUtiful, unlike the flowers in my garden which are a wash out this year because of the weather.  https://www.facebook.com/weightwatchersuk/videos/10215716962694451/?hc_ref=ART5-7Phsmr-taOInYBydh95CMtxioM5zxFRPDu0dfkc-T0WYSr1iLsW1E_D5yr0NYU

Right time to get ready for my long, busy day at Bloxwich, I do love catching up with my Bloxwich babes, have a great day whatever you have planned.  We can stay on track, I’m on day 3 of my new journal, don’t sound that impressive does it, but you know what, you can’t get to day 30 if you don’t do a day 3 first!

No comments: