Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 17 March 2018

Time out is great

17th March 2018
Before you speak… Listen.  Before you write…Think.  Before you spend…Earn.  Before you quit try.  Before you die…Live

I had such a lovely day off yesterday, the food was good too and now for a busy day, my meeting this morning where I get to see my lovely members and then an area meeting with my manager and colleagues this afternoon, hopefully be home by six latest, then I can chill with my crocheting, love being middle-aged and chilled.

Here’s a recipe from a member, we’ve been talking about different foods and this is one she makes in school for the kids, so you could experiment. 

Mexican lasagne
quorn mince cooked in baked beans add garlic and chilli powder to your taste buds and WW wraps and low fat cheese. Start with wraps at the bottom and add filling keep repeating until you have a wrap on top I usually use 4 wraps in total top with low fat cheese and oven bake gas number 5 until the cheese is crispy or how you like it.

If you’re a lover of all things Mexican, I think that’d work a treat.  You could use protein cheese too, that would keep the points down.

One of the things we ordered yesterday were crispy onion wedges, they were good, a little too greasy for me but made me realise I love roasted onions, need to get them on my plate this weekend.  Ooo roasted onions and liver with gravy and mash, that’s a plan. Mmmmmm

What else have we been talking about eating?  Oh there’s the Shredded Salsa Chicken, put breasts of chicken in slow cooker, pour over jar of Dolmio salsa and cook on low for 4-6 hours, then shred the chicken with two forks, tastes great in a pitta or wrap, on a jacket potato or a bowl of rice.

Don’t know if I’ve already blogged this, but in case I haven’t I fancy these;

Salmon burgers
4 x 125 g (4oz) salmon fillets, skinned
1 tbsp Thai green or red curry paste (1SP)
tsp puree ginger
Finely grated zest of 1 lime
Small handful fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
1 tsp vegetable oil (1SP)

Put half of the salmon into a food processor; whiz until completely smooth. Add remaining fish, curry paste, ginger, lime zest, coriander and some seasoning. Whiz until well combined, but still retaining some of its texture.
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Form salmon mixture into four equal patties (they will be fairly soft) and add to pan. Fry for 8-10min or until cooked through, carefully turning once.
Serve with sweet chilli sauce (for extra Smart Points 1tbsp = 2SP) and lime wedges, if you like, why not add a green salad or have on a warburton thin for an additional 3SP.

Anyways, I need to go shower ready for work, my hair is still full of oil from yesterday’s amazing massage – yeah I looked like I was making a statement in the pub yesterday looking like that eating my dinner!

Another thing I love about driving to Lichfield is I get to listen to my book in the car as I drive, thanks to yesterday, I’ve only got half hour left of my latest, I do love a good chick lit easy read, I’m on a Lucy Diamond, don’t think I’ve read one of hers before but enjoying it, “The year of taking chances”.  If you were to write a book what would you call it?  I’ve just read a good one called “The kicking the bucket list” by Cathy Hopkins.  I also enjoyed “My Husband’s Wife” by Amanda Prowse, that was a little less chick lit than my usual choices.

Anyway, I’m going, here’s to a great weekend whatever you’re up too, no snow as yet, it was forecast for in the night, thankfully it hasn’t shown yet! 

Be Healthy, Be Happy, BeYOUtiful


No comments: