Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 11 March 2018

MOM turned upsidedown spells WOW!



11th March 2018
MOM turned upsidedown spells WOW – enough said!



Happy Mother’s day to all the BeYOUtiful mothers out there, thank you for bringing up the children of the future.  I’ve just given my mom her card, a rosette saying “No 1 Superstar mom” to wear all day, some posh biscuits and a mug with “I’m so lucky to have you” written on, because one of her great pleasures these days is a good mug of tea, apparently the first of the day is always the best, but the second one I make is pretty damn good too.  

We shall not be pointing anything today, we’re having afternoon tea in the living room, I’ve bought ready-made sandwiches and cakes and we’ll enjoy them together whilst watching some rubbish on the tele, maybe we can find a film.  I could point it though if I chose to as all the packaging has the nutritional information on.

I’ve already been out with Alfie this morning, everythings the wrong way round, I’ve just got my yoga to do and I will as soon as I’ve finished this blog and made mom another cuppa.  This is todays https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1erFYeJo_r4 I hope it’s not too difficult, my lower backs playing up a little.

I just saw a fish finger sarnie on Facebook in my ‘on this day’ feed and thought to myself, I want one of them today, then realised there isn’t room for one of them in my day because of the afternoon tea so I’ve decided to add it to my to eat list for the coming weeks.  Realising that I don’t have to eat everything NOW is one of the reasons I haven’t put all my weight back on which is why I love a ‘to eat’ list.

My ‘To Eat’ list

Fish Finger sandwiches
Sweet & sour chicken
Beef curry on a jacket potato
Corned beef hash
Liver and onions
Egg and chips

I’m sure as the day goes on, more things will be added to that list.

Oh talking about tasty food, my sister made me some deliciousness yesterday, I might be needing to hire her as my chef!

Cheesy Flapjacks – 12 squares at 3sp each or 5sp for 2 squares

3 medium carrots (approx. 175g grated)
150g reduced-fat mature Cheddar cheese (16sp)
150g porridge oats (16sp)
1 medium egg
Pinch dried herbs
Black pepper

  1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan or gas mark 4.
  2. Line a baking tin (approx. 20 x 20cm) with the baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
  3. Peel and grate the carrots and weigh out 175g.
  4. Grate the cheese.
  5. Weigh the oats into a large mixing bowl and add the carrots and cheese.
  6. Break the egg into a small bowl and add the herbs and black pepper.  Beat with a fork to break up the egg and add to the large bowl.
  7. Mix everything together then spoon into the baking tin, pushing the mixture well into the corners and levelling the top.
  8. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until turning golden.
  9. Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes before removing and cutting into 12 squares with a sharp knife.

You could try them with protein cheese which would only be 3SP for the cheese so then the Smart Points would be 2sp for a bigger square if you did 9 squares.

Anyway, it’s Mother’s day (every day is Mother’s day in our house!) and my brother has just tried to call from Thailand, he’s going to try again in a few minutes so I need to get ready to sort that out.

Enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, chill out with loved ones if you can xx

No comments: