Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Saving points on the same meal



13th March 2018
You’re not going to master the rest of your life in one day.  Just relax.  Master the day. Then just keep doing that every day.

No yoga this morning, too much to do before work, I thought I might wake up early especially as we went to bed at 8 but I slept till the alarm at 5 so they yoga is going to have to wait till tomorrow.

Well I spent the raining day mostly indoors with mom doing my crochet, finally finished sewing it all together just going round the sides a couple of times and it’s done. I’ve already got my wool on order for my next one, it’s keeping my hands busy and there’s no calories in it.  Shows how much we change, I hated these blankets as a kid, they were what mom made because we were skint and couldn't afford nice ones, now I love them and they are expensive to make and to buy!  Ones like this are selling for £200-£300 plus on Etsy, I'm not surprised the time involved in making on.


We had Chicken Kiev for dinner yesterday, it was a substitute in my shopping and I expected it to blow my Points budget but at 10SP I didn’t think that was too bad, 5 for my mash and some zero veggies, not bad at all.  I have to say though the mash and cabbage were the best things on the plate, forgot how good cabbage tastes. 

If 10 Smart Points is too much to spend you could always make your own for 4 Smart Points, the Weight Watchers website / app is full of alternative recipes.  We’re looking at food from around the globe in this week’s meetings, I’ll be hoping to pick up lots of new recipe ideas.

Chicken Kiev

Serves 4 people
Difficulty: Easy

Low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs provides the secret filling for this delicious low fat Chicken Kiev - which is baked, rather than fried.

5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray

4 medium Chicken breast, skinless, raw
125g Medium fat soft cheese, with garlic 8 Points
1 pinch Salt
1 teaspoons Black pepper
2 tablespoons, level Plain White Flour 4 Points
1 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw
50g Breadcrumbs, fresh, 3 Points
Vegetables or salad, to serve

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F. Mist a shallow baking dish or baking sheet with low fat cooking spray.

Put the chicken breasts, well-spaced apart, between sheets of cling film or greaseproof paper. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to beat them out until flattened - but avoid bashing them until they break up. Remove the film or paper.

Divide the soft cheese into 4 equal portions and form into cylinder shapes. Place them on the chicken breasts, towards the narrow end. Season with salt and pepper. Roll up the breasts, folding in the sides to encase the cheese. Use cocktail sticks to secure them.

Roll the chicken parcels in the flour then dip them into the beaten egg mixture. Finally, roll them in the breadcrumbs and place them in the dish or on the baking sheet.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. To check, pierce with a skewer or sharp knife - the juices should run clear. Remove the cocktail sticks then serve with fresh vegetables or salad.

Got a poorly mom on my hands, she’s just woke up, she’s coughed all night so we’ve both had a disturbed night.  I don’t think it’s a normal cough, I think it’s being caused by her stomach, aggravated by eating so much junk the last few days.  Remember folks, it isn’t just your weight that’s affecting from eating too much of the wrong stuff!

Anyway, I need to go sort her out so I’ll catch some of you in a few hours, and the rest of you on my blog tomorrow.

Take care of you BeYOUtiful, eat healthy and delicious food and don’t be afraid to do nothing sometimes, I mostly did not a fat lot of anything this weekend, now to work my socks off for a few days.


No comments: