Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 15 March 2018

It's okay to do nothng



15th March 2018
You owe yourself the love and care you so freely give to others.


I prioritised yesterday, I worked out what had to be done, what I needed to do and something I wanted to do because I enjoyed it.  This is the new and improved version of me in 2018.  Thankfully that single telephone counselling session was all I needed to get me to process my thoughts and feelings and start doing things that would help change, not my situation because that can’t change but how I reacted to certain things and towards myself.  I’ve finally given myself permission to relax!

Let’s be honest, life moves at a crazy, fast pace for most these days doesn’t it.  Most people don’t have a good work/life balance and I doubt if many people spend time doing nothing.  Even when we do get ‘free time’ the guilt sneaks up and rears its ugly head as soon as we decide to take some ‘me time’ and do diddly squat, guilt suggests that maybe that time could be used in a more productive way, perhaps use that spare time to do some exercise, or batch cook to help your weight loss.  I’m all for doing both of those things but you know sometimes, yeah sometimes I just wanna do nothing, absolutely nothing, self-care comes in all shapes and sizes, it’s about identifying what you need.  Yesterday I did the yoga, I cooked the food but I also lay in the bath listening to my audiobook for half hour before getting ready for work.

I’ve had those guilty feelings over the last month try to creep in, for example when I’m having a bath in the middle of the day when everyone else is at work and I’ve had to remind myself yeah, when everyone else has gone home, I’ll be at work later, my hours of work are different to other peoples, I work in meeting mornings and nights and also in my office in the afternoon.  I’m learning that as good as being productive is, loving all the things I do, sometimes I just need to rest and by doing so it’s making me even more efficient and productive when I choose to be. 


My wool for my next crochet project arrived yesterday, I saved on the cost of the last batch by going to a different supplier https://www.sewandsew.uk.com/
There was also a gift in with the wool which was a lovely touch, there were a couple of stich holders in there which were gratefully received as I use them and the one I have isn’t the best, these ones fasten, they’re brilliant.  I’ve added her on Instagram so I can follow https://www.instagram.com/sewsew_handmade/
If you need any wool for a project, I can highly recommend this site and the Stylecraft Special Double Knit, I love that they do so many different shades too.

I slept to the alarm today, good mug of coffee required this morning.  The rain sounds savage and that wind last night was not nice.  I did have a delicious chicken hot pot to look forward to those, can’t beat simple comfort food, skinless chicken thighs (breast would be zero SP but I fancied a change), carrots, onions, thinly sliced potatoes on top and stock made with chicken oxo cubes, I like to use 5 oxos.  So good.


I also made sweet and sour chicken using the uncle bens sauce, it was okay but think I’d make my own from scratch if I did it again. I blogged the recipe yesterday.   We talked about the chicken chow mein recipe last night, so here it is for those who don’t have it;

Chicken Chow Mein
Serves 4, 7 Smart Points per serving

150g (5oz) cooked chicken (cut into thin strips)
1 tbsp oil (4SP)
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp chopped garlic
240g dried egg noodles (22SP)
Bean sprouts (1 handful)
½ small onion (sliced)
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp dark soy sauce (1SP)
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil (1SP)

Cook noodles by soaking in boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until soft to touch. Clean wok, heat wok until hot and slightly smoky. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the chicken and onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Turn to low heat and add the garlic and stir-fry for another 15 seconds.

Now add the bean sprouts and noodles. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Add the salt, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.

Stir-fry for another minute. Finally add the pepper and sesame oil and stir in.

Right I’m off, I’ve got a busy day ahead and I’m looking forward to it!  Are you looking forward to your day BeYOUtiful, if not – what needs to change?

No comments: