Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 25 October 2017

lentils to help you lose!

25th October 2017
Don’t expect to be the same because you won’t be.  Life changes you.  It’s the same for us all. (Darla Evans)


Managed a good day again yesterday, egg on toast for breakfast, fish and potatoes with veg for lunch and aubergine masala with bare naked noodles for my evening meal.  Now to survive today, I’ve woke up feeling not the best, not sure why so I’m hoping it’ll wear off and it’s just one of those things, especially as I need to be in Worcester to cover a meeting this morning.

Great meetings yesterday though, loved that we were as busy as last week despite the half term holidays, came away with lots of ideas too, love it when that happens.

I’m planning to make a big pan of beef stew today, good old fashioned beef, spuds, carrots, onions and oxo’s, on the hob for ages on low to thicken and make lush.  It’ll taste better tomorrow so probably won’t eat any today.  Today I’m thinking chicken wrapped in Prosciutto ham as I bought some from Co-op last night reduced to 25p – oh yeah, that’s a massive bargain.  I’ll stuff it with low fat cheese and olives I think, maybe some tomatoes.  I need some sundried tomatoes and a jar of grilled peppers next time I shop.

We were talking about Dahl’s last night in meeting, plus there’s a recipe for it on this week’s handout so make sure you pick one up, but it reminded me of a delicious bowl of delisciousness one of my members Yasmin cooked for me, here’s her recipe and definitely worth having a go at. 

Yasmin's Yummy Lentils

1 tablespoon of olive oil (5sp)
Half a onion
Two garlic cloves
Salt green
chilli
Turmeric powder
2 cups washed split red lentils (you'll need to weigh them, but 500g = 38sp)
coriander to garnish

Add oil, chopped onion and garlic to a pan and on a low heat, soften onions and garlic.

Then add washed lentils and mix quickly so they don't burn or stick to pan.

Add 2-3 cups of water and mix well. Add a half teaspoon of Turmeric to the pan, mix well.

Add a chopped chill or two, preference is yours.

Mix well, and on a medium heat, cover the pan and let cook for 20 mins.

Check every 5 mins to make sure you have enough water as it evaporates very, very quickly. If so, add another cup and check again. When lentils are no longer looking like lentils, more like mushy lentils. After it’s all cooked, add coriander to garnish, and a huge dollop of low fat, or fat free Greek yogurt to serve.

You can have with toast, chapattis, rice, or a huge spoon. 

The good thing about lentils is they’re versatile, cheap and delicious, as well as in a dhal, you can throw them in a soup or to add extra texture to any stew or rice dish.  They’re low in fat, high in fibre and a good source of protein.
 
Right I’m gonna try and brave a mug of tea and see how my stomach copes, it’s feeling a bit delicate to say the least, I’m hoping it’s that those bare naked spaghetti noodles have had an odd effect on my digestion system and nothing more serious!

Here’s to a cracking good day BeYOUtiful, ,let’s do this!

No comments: