Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 27 October 2017

It's only Friday, almost the weekend!

27th October 2017
Be the sunshine in a dark room.
I’ve just had a lovely sleep and a bit of a lie in and woke up feeling restored, if I have a slow day before my meeting tonight, a lazy afternoon after my Saturday meeting and a lie in on Sunday morning and I’ll be completely rejuvenated.  I’ve also just realised it’s less than 2 months to Christmas and I haven’t even thought about it!  That realisation that this time last year I’d bought all my gifts and this year I just haven’t acknowledged it exists and I still don’t want to.  It wasn’t until I started thinking about this kid’s half term Christmas dinner that I accepted how little I’d thought about it.   I might just cancel it in our house ;) but then again I know I won’t because although we didn’t bother with it for years, I love that buzz of buying and wrapping stuff and seeing people’s faces when they open the stupidness you’ve bought!

Anyway back to October because you’ve all got Halloween and bonfire night first, thankfully I don’t do those, but I do need to get back to October and November and restoring my work/life balance, enjoying my new kitchen, my shed seriously needs emptying and sorting back into place.

The one thing I have made time for over this last busy week is cooking a decent meal, I refuse to not have a good dinner, yesterday it was chicken stuff with phili light and olives wrapped in prosciutto and served with grains and asparagus – so good.  This meant I never got to my stew so today is all about the 2 day old beef stew, happy days, that’s going to be so good, I’m even going to have it for breakfast!  Yeah I am because I can!

Me and Alfie are also going to go for a few good walks and get in my exercise and I’m going to make sure I get drinking my water again as it was pointed out to me yesterday that sometimes when we’re tired we’re actually dehydrated and she made a good point as I haven’t been drinking my morning pint probably because the temperatures dropped so I might start having hot water again, that way I still get the fluid intake.

We easily slip back into old ways that aren’t good for us don’t we!  I find it very easy to neglect myself whilst I’m busy taking care of everyone else, but I know I need to get that balance and for me balance means making choices and enjoying those choices that I make.  I don’t say no for saying no sake, I say it because I need to, I know my limits and I will eventually put in place boundaries because I need to be able to refuel – I can’t pour from an empty jug.  I’m more than happy to do things for people but sometimes people can do those things for themselves and are either being lazy or playing the victim who needs help – on those occasions I’m not playing! 

I’m looking forward to going to the cinema with my bestie on Sunday and having some time out – the phones going off and I’m ignoring the world.  I’ve just realised my brother and his wife land in the UK next week so we’ll have them visiting, I’ll need to refuel before then, it’ll be great to see them and catch up, I might do us an early Christmas Dinner as we won’t see them again this year.  Ooo yeah I like that idea, crackers and stuff, sounds like a plan to me!  Cheese and biscuits = nice.   Any excuse ay! Right I’m going to get dressed (I’m not naked don’t panic, I’m in my nightie) and offer to take Alfie for a walk, he’s lying on my office floor making a statement!

Enjoy your day, stop, breathe, smile at strangers and take time to enjoy your day BeYOUtiful, they’re not limitless. xx




No comments: