Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Finding 5 minutes...



3rd October 2017
Maybe it’s not about a happy ending, maybe it’s about the story.


Well I ended up in a changing room yesterday, even though I went to look at kitchen tiles!  I never did get as far as the tile shop.  I did however enjoy trying on clothes and I know if I lose a few more pounds I’ll enjoy it even more, so that’s the plan. 

I also know, talking of plans that as one of my members put so well in our group yesterday, ‘if I plan, I have time’, how true is that!

Whilst we’re on the subject of plans, I truly know that Smart Points is the plan for me, it’s so liveable whether I plan or not, I can go with either Counting or No Count so there’s flexibility too, yeah it works – when I do.

Yesterday I had an eggy crumpet for breakfast with mushrooms and tomatoes, later on I had leftover savoury turkey mince with roasted squaffles (butternut squash shaped like waffles).  This is probably the first day I’ve hit my 5 a day in a while, I’ve just not been focusing on ‘me’ and my health enough, there’s been so much going on.

That stops now though, my kitchen is workable and I can get cooking again and re-focus on the healthy as well as the happy.  Seeing my members post their meals in the group is helping to motivate and inspire me too, all though autumnal meals, the soups makers and the slow cookers coming out of storage. 

Time is obviously still going to be an issue, I’m as busy as ever which is where the planning comes in I guess, although if all I have in my cupboards is healthy, then I can only make healthy meals whether I plan or not.

I keep thinking I need to sit and plan and shop, but I don’t have time, then when I do, I don’t want to do that.  But the truth is I can still be on plan without a plan.  I just need to open the fridge and cupboards at mealtimes and see what I have available.  I know I have the crumpets and eggs, mmm I’m going to make an omelette this morning with a crumpet chopped up in it rather than eggy crumpet, it’ll be a crumplette ;-) I can add diced veggies to this to get towards my 5 a day.

I know I’ve got chopped butternut squash in the freezer which I could roast at lunchtime and make a nice soup or I might make this as I think I have the rest of the ingredients if I get my spices out of storage and it’s No Count;

Scrumptious pot!  
1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts
2 onions, chopped
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp cinnamon
1 butternut squash diced
100g dried lentils (I used puy lentils because that was all I had.)
200g brown rice
750ml stock

In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and cinnamon, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in squash, chicken, lentils and rice, pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for however long it takes for the rice and lentils to be tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. 

Anyway whatever I choose to eat today, I’m going to focus on the healthy and happy and find a little time to take care of me.  What’s your plan BeYOUtiful?

No comments: