Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Why not? Because I don't need it!



7th December 2016
The trick is to enjoy life, don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.


Nice lie in for us this morning, we both woke about 5.45am and got up for the toilet at the same time, she won of course :)


I made that Indonesian rice recipe from yesterday's blog, it was tasty, I left out the chilli's, I'm just a wuss where they're concerned.  Today I'm going to make Frikkadel for my best, apparently they're delicious South African braised meatballs, I didn't realise when I found the recipe but it's from the same website, http://www.manilaspoon.com/2012/09/frikkadels-south-african-braised.html I like this ladies food photos a lot!  She doesn't say how many it serves but as it has 1kg of mince and recipes for 4 usually use half that, I'm guessing 6 (12sp) or 8 (9sp) depending on your portion size, as you're going to add rice to it that's another 5sp so it's a hearty meal, I'm thinking it's going to be worth it though.  It says the coconut milk is optional but that's what sold the recipe to me if I'm honest, I can't wait, just need to tidy the kitchen up so we can actually get in it!   Recipe at the bottom of page.

I had sprouts for breakfast yesterday!  I'd bought them in my online order and saw them sitting on the side, remembering all these bacon and sprout recipes for Christmas, I thought well I was going to have a bacon sarnie for my breakfast, I could chop and fry the sprouts with the bacon, they'll cook in the fat off the bacon.  They did, I added mushrooms too and served it all topped with a fried egg - no bread necessary!  Delicious and something I'd do again, plus added one of my five a day to my breakfast.  That's what I'm going to ensure I have today, my 5 a day.  I've said I'll start eating more fruit, yesterday I had a tray of mango, not bad, I've got some satsumas too.  I'll make the effort to try different fruits over the week, grapes I think are okay but they're like little balls of sugar some of them, way too sweet.  

I also wrapped up the last of the Christmas Eve boxes I've put together for the women's hostel and took them over to make a little room in my living room, I took a load of food my members had supplied too.  I'll be going again this weekend with the gifts they're all bringing too as well as any more food that's bought in.  It's nice to be nice, so remember that, especially at this time of year.  

I'm truly on countdown for Christmas now, ready for a week's rest and relaxation, my first this year, only 17 days away and I've just worked out 33 more Weight Watcher meetings, if they're anything like yesterdays the time will fly by!  I love seeing my members getting certificates at this time of year, another member achieved her goal last night, just in time for the celebrations - how fab is that.  Fiona achieved her 3 stone goal which was what she was aiming for before Christmas and the lovely Sandra got her stone after deciding to have a few weeks of the booze, she's actually not missed it either!  Who knew that was possible ;).  New members are joining too, they know it makes sense to get a grip before the crazy sets in!

"Go on, it's Christmas!"

Don't fall for that line, otherwise you'll have twice as much to lose in the new year!  I'm not saying don't indulge at all, just be choosy, no mindless eating, inhaling stuff like you're a dyson...  We all know when we mindlessly eat, we don't even taste it, a handful of peanuts here, a mince pie there, a hot chocolate with squirty cream and marshmallows all whilst you chatting away to a friend or staring around a room thinking 'I wished I was home in bed, I'm so tired'.  If you're going to indulge, make sure you give it your full attention. 

On that note, I'm going to go get on with my day, here's to "Why not? Because I don't need it Wednesday!" You up for that BeYOUtiful?

Oh I almost forgot! Today is my 12 year anniversary from when I did my final assessment to be a leader, wow, they've been the best 12 years, not once have I regretted leaving my previous job, I've met so many amazing people, created new friendships and had a lot of love and laughs in that time - thank you to everyone that's been a part of it! xxx

Frikkadel - Delicious South African Braised Meatballs - 71sp total
Serves 6 (12sp) or 8 (9sp)
For the Sauce (29sp)

2 Tbsp olive oil (8sp)
4-5 plum tomatoes, diced or 2 (14 oz) canned diced tomatoes
2 medium onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves 
1 can coconut milk (optional) (17sp)
2-3 tsp curry powder (mild)
1 Tbsp brown sugar (4sp)
1 tsp salt

Procedure
Heat oil in a deep/large oven proof pan (like a Dutch oven). Sauté the garlic and onions until tender about 5 mins. 

Add the tomatoes. Sauté for another 5 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk. Add the curry powder, sugar and salt. 

Bring to a boil then simmer covered until the meatballs are ready. Adjust to taste.

For the Meatballs (42sp)
Ingredients

1 kilo or 2.2 lbs ground beef (24sp for 5%)
1 cup oatmeal (roughly 75g = 8sp)

Spices:
2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp fruit chutney* (I've bought co-ops = 6sp)  *May be replaced with apricot jam
2 eggs (4sp)
1/8 cup rice vinegar


Procedure
Prepare the meatballs while the sauce is simmering.
Mix all the ingredients and form into giant meatballs (about 2-2 ½ inches in diameter).

Place the meatballs in the sauce.  Cover the pan and bake in a preheated 325F oven for about 1 1/2 hours.

Serve with rice or noodles. Oh, yummingtons!  As always, even better the next day!


No comments: