Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 2 December 2016

half off, getting lapse, reset button = pressed!

2nd December 2016
Next time someone tells you you've changed, just tell them you fell apart and put your pieces back differently!

I managed a half pound weight loss, I won't lie, I was surprised, my tracking's got a little lapse, there might have been a couple of things that didn't make it onto the pages.  Bread has once again reared its ugly head, I ate 5 slices yesterday - that's not a healthy balanced diet at all!   

Today I've woken up and decided that I will press the reset button, this is week 10 of the 12 week challenge I set myself, I've got to say it's getting harder the closer to Christmas it gets and also because I've lost 10.5lb I feel better, I can fit in those jeans again now, so I need to remind myself why I started and try not to do too much damage this month. 

Button pressed, a fresh journal page in front of me, I'm going to have the morning in my favourite place -  my kitchen, focusing on taking care of me.  I will give it a clean and tidy first so it's a nice environment to plan a few meals, make a shopping list and get my act together again, of course when I'm in there tidying, I'm dancing about, singing and earning a few FitPoints, it's my happy place.

I threw a whole skinned chicken, spuds, carrots, onions in a slow cooker yesterday and topped it with a tin of chicken soup, turned out alright, good easy meal, I didn't peel the spuds or carrots just chopped them up.  I had beans on toast for lunch, I need some of my nom nom meals back this week, so a little sitting and thinking in order I reckon.  Need to get those cookbooks out and have a look for what I fancy making for sure, ooo food....

I've got a butternut squash needs using, I'm thinking something along the lines of my butternut squash scrumptious, I'll have to nip to shop to do it though, but that's okay, or I can tweak and adapt and come up with a new recipe!

Butternut Squash Scrumptious
Serves 4, 7sp each
1 butternut squash, peeled & diced into 2cm cubes   
2 onion diced   
70g diced pancetta 8sp
¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
30g chorizo sausage, sliced 4sp
3 tablespoons sherry 2sp
125 ml Water   
75g Saint agur blue cheese 12sp
Add onion and pancetta to a large frying pan and cook for a few minutes, then add chorizo followed by paprika.  Next add sherry & water, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until squash is cooked.  Break the cheese into pieces and mix into the pan, serve.

That'd be lush on a bed of spaghetti.  Anyway if I want to spend a few hours in my kitchen I better get on and get stuff done.

I've got a poorly mom, she's finally caught the lurgy, rotten head cold and cough going on, I hope it doesn't linger long and she's feeling better soon, poor love. Hopefully Alfie will walk with me, he can be a stubborn little shih tzu, he wouldn't leave her yesterday afternoon to walk! 

Here's to a re-focused Friday, making it fabulous and looking for those smile moments.  Focus on the healthy and happy BeYOUtiful.

Oh and don't be afraid of the butternut squash :)
 

No comments: