Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 21 December 2014

up early again!



21st December 2014
It’s what you are made of that matters to me.  Not how you look. 
 
I've not been so ready for a holiday in as long as I can remember, I'm made absolutely no plans at all because I don't want to feel like I have to be anywhere or do anything - I can't wait! 

I've been awake since 3.30, that's 3 days on the trot now, I lay there for an hour this morning hoping to go back to sleep, I read a little but can't concentrate, my brains here, there and everywhere, so I got up, may as well be doing something, so I've decided to get all my Weight Watcher work stuff sorted for the new year so that I'm not thinking about it when I break up, it only has to be done once, so let's do it I say.

I'm not tired so I've obviously had enough sleep and we did have a super early night last night so it's all good.  You'd have been proud of my yesterday, I'd got our dinner prepared before I went for my massage so that I wouldn't be tempted to buy lots of rubbish from the Co-op on my way home and was delicious, we had salmon, roast vegetables and little chunky actifry potatoes, nice, very nice.

Oh yeah and I baked muffins for breakfast, Mango Muffins, I'd bought 2 mangos and done nothing with them, I'm really not a fruit eater but I'm trying, so I added them to some muffins and they were delicious, 6pp and cake for breakfast, don't get much better.

I found the recipe online at http://www.foodlustpeoplelove.com/2012/06/quick-bread-breakfast-muffins.html and ProPointed it, then added mango instead of blueberries, but as the recipe states you can use endless substitutions.   They weren't a patch on my raspberry ones or the chocolate banana ones, recipes here; http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/you-can-have-muffin-without-muffin-top.html, but they were okay.
Quick Bread Breakfast Muffins, makes 12, 6pp each.

Ingredients
250g plain flour (24pp)
170g sugar (18pp)
1 tablespoon baking powder (1pp)
½ teaspoon salt
240ml skimmed milk (2pp)
115g unsalted butter (24pp)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs (5pp)
1 generous cup or about 175g fresh blueberries

Alternative additions in place of the blueberries: raspberries, dried cranberries, chopped strawberries, grated apples, chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, cinnamon sugar, etc.  (Grated apples AND cinnamon sugar?  Divine.  Dried cranberries and white chocolate?  Ditto.)  As you can see, the potential is huge and don't forget to ProPoints any additional ingredients!

Method
Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.

1.    Put muffin cases in tray. 
2.    Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. 
3.    In another bowl, melt your butter slowly in the microwave.  Then whisk together milk, melted butter, vanilla and eggs. 
4.    Add all the milk mixture to flour mixture.
5.    Gently fold just until dry ingredients are moistened. 
6.    Then fold in your blueberries or your alternate ingredients.
7.    Divide your mixture between the 12 muffin cases.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until muffins are golden.
8.    Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before removing muffins from tin.  
9.    This recipe can also be baked as a coffee cake, if you don’t have a muffin tin.  Extend baking time by five to 10 minutes or, once again, until golden.  

I also love the wake up muffins recipe which I haven't made for a while, now I've just looked at the ingredients and it's as if it was fate, I only bought peanut butter and raspberries yesterday and I've got yogurt coming in my online delivery tomorrow, they may be on the Christmas cook list, here's the link to the recipe for you. 
http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/let-them-eat-cake.html

All this talk about cake!  It really is too early - NOT!  And yes I did only have the one muffin for my breakfast yesterday, how good am I. 

I'm off to, well I'm not actually sure what I'm off to do but I'm sure it'll come to me and I hope to be a little productive today, catching up with a friend tonight over a curry so I'm not ProPointing today, it's my last meal out of 2014!

Have a super Sunday BeYOUtiful. xx


No comments: