Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 December 2014

Stop stressing about the scales...



28th December 2014
You'll turn out ordinary if you're not careful.  Ann Brashares


Mushrooms!  I have an abundance of mushrooms in my fridge, I've still not got that online ordering perfected so today I will mostly be finding something to do with them!  That's sounds like a very stressful day doesn't it, nope it isn't and I have no plans to do anything stressful for the rest of this year.  Without dwelling because I don't like to do that, this time last year everything turned horrid my mom was ill all day and ended up in hospital in the early hours of the morning on the 29th, the following days were dreadful, all very stressful driving from one side of Wales to another and not knowing if I'd be able to get her home any time soon.  Thankfully she's changing her diet and she's much better these days, it's the main reason we haven't had a houseful of junk in the house this Christmas, food is not worth those after effects!

Well just as a reminder the universe sent me a bit of a shock last night as we were going to bed, poor Alfie fell down the stairs from top to bottom, he seems ok, if not a little shocked, so I'll see how he is today and if need be, I'll take him to vets for a check up.  I don't know who was more surprised him or mom, she watched it happen.  See things can happen in the blink of an eye and that's why you must enjoy every moment, forgive loved ones and embrace life, because you just never know.

The best line I read on Facebook yesterday was "It's all fun and games until your jeans don't fit!"  Now this is possibly the truest statement ever but what we mustn't do is panic.  I've noticed everyone starts to panic, suddenly they realise they've been enjoying the over-indulging just a little bit too much and they try to lose a stone in a day!  It doesn't work, unfortunately you can't burn it off as quickly as you can consume it, it's not that simple.  You can only get back to healthy and accept that it'll come off in its own time as you continue to eat well. 

So how do we stick with it, how do we stay motivated?  It's different for each of us, I've realised for me personally, if I don't plan on eating it, I can't have it in the house.  My resist temptation buttons broke, if it's there - I eat it, does that make me weak and lacking willpower, erm regarding food yeah it does, or you could say it makes me strong to realise and admit it.  I can't resist certain foods at this time so we're not going to have them in the house, unfortunately that includes bread so once there's space in the freezer, I shall buy a loaf for mom to freeze for her to make toast and we won't have any fresh bread for me to pick at, just until I've broke that habit again.  I might even resort to shopping every few days once all the existing foods gone, maybe if I take away all the choice, I'll find it easier to get back on track properly.  2014 has probably been the hardest year for me from a weight control point of view, I've found it difficult and I know that started because I was worried about mom what happened 12 months ago today continued for months afterwards with hospital stays, planned operations, blood transfusions, it was just a really worrying time for us both and I stopped thinking about what I was eating.

So I know everyone says it but 2015 is going to be different, yes things happened, yes our lives are different, so we've adjusted and now to tweak it so I get my waist back! ;-)

Well mushroom recipes you'd want to cook aren't easy to find!  So after everything I've just said, I've decided to have mushrooms on tiger bread, I bought me a loaf to have over Christmas and it's one of those part baked which we haven't had yet, so that's my breakfast today, bacon and mushroom with crusty bread.  See if you dissect that, it's not a bad meal, everything in moderation. The entire loaf according to the nutritional information is 24pp, it's 360g, I'm not planning on eating it all!  Mushrooms are zero, so that'll balance out the bacon ;-)

I'm not stressing over weight loss this week, I'm enjoying my first holiday of 2014, I didn't enjoy 2014's new year, I plan on enjoying 2015's new year, by enjoying I don't mean overeating/overdrinking, I mean having a relaxed week where I'm not worrying about what the scales might say on my first weigh in of next year.  I'm 45 in January, I've been watching my weight on and off since I was 18, I'm not worried, I know when I set my mind to it, I can lose weight.  I'm happy in the knowledge I already lead a healthy lifestyle with a happy dose of excess.  For me, it's all about balance and self-love, because if you love something, you generally take care of it, so this week I'm chilling and spoiling me a little then next week, I'll be restricting the bread intake because I care about myself enough to want to take care of myself.

That's my take on it all anyway, so I'm off to make my mom breakfast in bed, to read my book and generally relax, oh and of course have bacon and mushrooms on a crusty bit of bread mmm.  Happy days!

 Sometimes the most urgent and vital thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest.

No comments: