Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Sunshine makes everything easier...



20th May 2014
Hope is the only thing stronger than fear. 

Another productive day yesterday, officially it’s my day off but I like to get stuff done when I’m in the mood and I’m enjoying what I’m doing with the social media side of things right now so I’m happy to do it.  As lovely as it was outside sitting in the sun, I can only stand so much plus I’d burn, oh and it’s dangerous in our garden apparently, I have a huge lump on my head from where the line prop (2 by 2 wooden one!) fell on me yesterday – hurt so much but on the positive, it missed Alfie as I was in between the two!

We had a delicious lunch, burger with Bulgar wheat and salad, the for tea I made us egg and chips that’s what mom requests whenever I ask “what would you like to eat” which is why I don’t, ask her very often otherwise that’s all we’d eat!

I’ve been fancying bread pudding for a few days now (not to be confused with bread and butter pudding), only I didn’t want to waste lots of ProPoints on it, especially as I’m following Filling & Healthy and only have 9 weeklies, so yesterday I had a go and this is what I came up with, it turned out pretty good too;

Bread Pudding 
(total 25pp) uses 8pp from weekly allowance if following F&H
  • 8 oz/225 g calorie controlled brown bread, (14pp) broken up into smallish pieces
  • 1/2 pt/300ml cold tea
  • 10-15g splenda powdered sweetener (to own taste)
  • 1 egg (beaten) (2pp)
  • 100g sultanas (8pp)
  • 150ml skimmed milk  (1pp)
  • 1/4 tsp mixed spice
Put the bread in a bowl and add the cold tea. Allow to soak for 1 hr.
Drain the bread and squeeze out any excess tea (using your hands!)
Mix the bread with the rest of the ingredients.
Pour into a greased 8" square baking tin

Cook at 180C/gas 4 for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours until firm to the touch and brown on top.
Allow to cool for 30 mins or so in the tin, before cutting into squares.  Serve warm or cold.

I might not add so much milk next time, it depends on how moist you like it or maybe I just needed to squeeze the excess tea out more.  Or maybe soak the sultanas in the milk whilst the breads soaking in the tea!

Anyway I’m feeling good this morning despite not sleeping great due to the heat, I’m ready to take on my 12 meetings plus an extra on as I’m covering for someone else as well as my own.

Have a great day BeYOUtiful. xx


No comments: