Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 28 May 2014

168 hours in a week - what you doing with yours?



28th May 2014
The moment you change your perception, is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body.  Dr Bruce Lipton

Because of my job I spend a lot of time on Facebook, I actually enjoy it, getting to be sociable and helpful without having to leave the house, however I know it can consume my day if I’m not careful, so a month ago I left quite a few groups on there and then the week before last I the changed notification settings for most of the groups I’m left in so that I didn’t have loads to read through each day and it’s really made a difference.  Thankfully I’ve never had the notifications sent to my phone like some do; I have to go onto Facebook to read any as having my phone constantly beep would drive me insane!  Now though it means if and when I have the time I can pop into the groups that aren’t ones I set up and need to be as active in, as and when without it taking over the precious time that I do have and it’s made a difference.  Yesterday it even meant I managed to fit in an hour of college work instead of getting involved in numerous conversations online.  Let’s hope I can keep the momentum going because studying takes up much more time than I anticipated and I have a lot less free time that I thought I had, there’s only 168 hours in the week after all, I work between 40 and 50 of them, then I sleep at least 50 of them, that doesn’t leave that many!  68 hours left to get everything done in, that includes traveling to work, cooking, cleaning, eating, dog walking before even getting onto the good stuff, so yeah I really do need to think about how much time I spend not just on Facebook but doing anything because time is the one thing you can’t get back. 
Have you ever thought about how you spending yours?

The Steak and Pepper Goulash was delicious by the way, we had it for lunch yesterday and for tea I had the leftover allotment frittata, just as tasty served cold that was.  I like this planning, it’s really helped this week as I feel organised which most certainly seems to be helping me stay on track.  Easy meal today, we’re having roast salmon, veggies and Actifry chips, mmm nom nom, I had planned to have leftover goulash for tea but I’ve froze them instead because there’s so much in the fridge that needs using up, so I’ll have a quick look at lunchtime and get something ready for the evening.  Plans are meant to be moveable and adaptable; they don’t have to be written in stone.  I have eggs that need using up, so maybe egg sandwiches, mom can have those too, I can make and leave them for her.

Anyway I’m rambling, I think I’m gonna need coffee this morning, whatever the side effects are ;-) I need a bit of oomph, and my pint of water ain’t doing it!  Oh one last thing, I’ve mastered the bread pudding, I made it again for mom yesterday, left out the milk and this time I added 20g of ginger and 80g of sultanas for a change, it was delicious!  Here’s the recipe again, to save you looking.



Bread Pudding (total 24pp) uses 8pp from weekly allowance if following F&H
  • 8 oz/225 g calorie controlled brown bread, broken up into smallish pieces (14pp)
  • 1/2 pt/300ml cold tea
  • 10-15g splenda powdered sweetener (to own taste)
  • 1 egg (beaten) (2pp)
  • 100g sultanas (8pp)
  • 1/4 tsp mixed spice

Put the bread in a bowl and add the cold tea. Allow to soak for 1 hr.
Drain the bread and squeeze out any excess tea (using your hands!)
Mix the bread with the rest of the ingredients.
Pour into a greased 8" square baking tin

Cook at 180C/gas 3/4 for 1 1/2 hours or until firm to the touch and brown on top.
Allow to cool for 30 mins or so in the tin, before cutting into squares.  Serve warm or cold.

Also we were talking about this recipe last night so here it is to save you looking for it;

Fake away Donor Kebab

Serves 4, F&H or 4pp's per serving

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g extra lean mince beef (16pp)

Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C.  In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Add the beef mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your beef mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.  Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray. Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.  Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta and salad.  NOTE: On F&H you can have WW pitta bread, if doing ProPoints you will need to add extra pp's for the pitta bread.

Have a great day, Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: