Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 29 August 2013

Ravenous doesn't even come close!

29th August 2013
Anyone can run away, it’s super easy.  Facing problems and working through them, that’s what makes you strong. 
There needs to be a balance!  You can be all ‘diet’ ‘weight loss’ ‘exercising’ but where’s the fun and enjoyment in that - over-exercising and only eating certain foods and judging them by what quality protein, carbs or fibre they are!  Nah, what’s the point in being ‘super-fit’ if you don’t really enjoy it, or do anything other than go to the gym and diet? 
If you enjoy a gym class – do it, but don’t do it because you feel you have to do it.  Don’t eat mung beans because they’re going to get you thin, or drink green tea because someone said it has a slimming effect (that stuffs yak).  Find a happy balance where you’re enjoying the journey, the food you eat is both good for you and nutritious most of the time, the odd moments of indulgence are just fine.   A little of what you fancy does you good, it’s all about balance.
Yesterday I had my “I could eat a scabby dog” head on, I couldn’t get full, and I know it was my hormones raging because it happens every month, but this month I tracked it and kept with the “my body is a shrine” mantra because I want to get well so everything I ate was nutritious and tasty, oh except one of the new Weight Watcher chocolate and coconut biscuits because I have to try before I can sell J
So here’s a look at a real tracker from a woman who was HUNGRY!
 
 
 
54pp consumed, however luckily I was having a Filling & Healthy day, so if you notice all the foods highlighted in green I don’t have to count them, so my true tracker would only include
1 ½ teaspoons of olive oil 2pp (the other two are out of my F&H daily allowance
Peanut butter 8pp
New Weight Watcher bar 2pp
2 bottle alcohol free lager 1pp
So only 13pp have to come out of my weeklies/activities and I earned 6pp yesterday, so it’s all good and I’m still on track and my crazy day of hunger has passed.
I still have,
Tuesday used 30pp, earned 7pp so had 3pp left over to add to my weekly 49 = in credit 52pp
Wednesday F&H day, used 13pp extra, earned 6pp, so still in credit by 45pp
That’s your maths lesson for today J
And no I wouldn’t dream of eating that way on a filling and healthy day all the time, if I did I wouldn’t be eating to my appetite as I don’t always feel that hungry and I wouldn’t expect a weight either.   The healthy meals looked like this, it was the extras that did the damage!
 
 
 
I have to say the Tuna we had for lunch yesterday was to die for, had it from Asda 2 for £4, have never cooked tuna before so I googled it and found a very nice man in a video showing me what to do, so I poured the oil on and a bit sprinkled of salt, fried for 1-1 ½ mins each side, the put in the oven (on full) for 2 minutes.  Both mom and I loved it and it will be a new addition to my meals regularly from now on – delicious.
To try and fend off the hunger I also made some cookies,
Mash together 1 banana, add 60g oats and a handful of raspberries. shape into cookies & bake for approx 20 mins.  total for all the cookies 6pp or completely F&H!  I only made 4, but wished I’d made 6, and I only ate 2 they were plenty, I’d started to fill up by then!
So here’s to a Triumphant Thursday J almost the weekend already!
If you’ve had payday and you can spare a pound, please sponsor me, make this 15 mile hike worthwhile.  http://www.justgiving.com/bevsww
 
Or you can text BEVL99 £1 to 70070
Go on do it please ;0), if you’ve ever enjoyed reading this blog or had a food/meal idea, surely that’s worth a pound xx
 
 
 
 

No comments: