Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 24 August 2013

I'm perfect at being me, are you perfect at being you?

24th August 2013
Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently! Henry Ford

Had me another lie in, thank you very much, 7.45am might not seem like one to most but for me it’s a good extra 2 hours.   
This is what yesterday looked like;
Breakfast 6pp Breakfast - natural yogurt, banana, raspberries, blueberries & oats
Dinner 12pp tea, st agur chicken, beetroot falafel (from Waitrose, they were delicious, 4 for 6pp already eaten one!) & roast veg

Tea went a bit astray -  16pp! Crust of bread (6pp) 4 x ryvita (4pp) garlic butter (2pp) StAgur Cheese (4pp)

I used some weeklies there didn't I and of course I took a good chunk out of them with my vino ‘-) first glass since the antibiotics, they’ve finished now, lumps gone down, it still hurts but I feel ok in myself, I’m sure it’s pressing on nerves though because I keep getting funny sensations in the back of my arm, we shall ask lots of questions Tuesday at the hospital.

I’m all about the Healthy and Happy as we know, I do enjoy indulging in a bit of junk now and again but try my best to feed myself good nutritious food because I believe it makes me feel well.  I also believe you can be healthy at an weight, you don’t have to be ‘thin’ to be healthy and by loving the skin you’re in and being kind to yourself, feeding yourself and your family nutritious food then ultimately you will be happy too and weight loss is likely to become a side-effect.  I believe everyone is already gorgeous and by being their true selves and not trying to be someone else they can realise they’re loved for who they are.

Where’s that come from ay? Well last night we were watching tv and I had my glass of wine in my hand, mom and I were chatting and reminiscing, we were watching something with young folk in anyways and I remarked that I remember when I was younger never feeling good enough, I always felt that I could look that bit better, or be that bit smarter, or fit in that little bit more, or earn that bit more, or try that bit harder.  Yet my mom had always told me I was good enough and perfect as I was, so where did those thoughts come from?!  By my mid 20’s I started reading lots of books to try and understand myself and what made tick and I think by the time I hit my 30’s I was starting to get there, and the last 5 years I’ve got there, I’ve realised “I’ll do”, actually I’ll more than do, I’m perfect at being me and others seem to agree!  What I weigh doesn’t seem to be an issue for any of my family, friends or members and to be honest if it is, I’ve realised that’s their problem not mine!  I’ve realised it’s okay not to be like everyone else, but to be me, I’m the female who’s always got up early in the morning and gone to bed early at night, I’ve never wanted to be a party animal, clubber or pub frequenter.  I’m happy doing what I do, and it’s okay to flit from one passion, hobby or pastime to another, as long as it isn’t hurting anyone.

Yep I’ve learnt from all that reading that there wasn’t anything wrong with me to start, nothing to fix, nothing to change, the only thing I needed to do was accept who I was and go with the flow!

How about you?  Are you still trying to fit in, to impress, to be someone you think you should be?

If so, then ask yourself why, no one else can be YOU and you are already fantastic so get happy with that person you see in the mirror and go have a Super Saturday, because you’re amazing!

No comments: