Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 14 August 2013

BOOM I lost weight! Just a little smiley ;)

14th August 2013
It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life. Bryant H. McGill
 
BOOM! 3.5lb gone, how pleased was I to step on the scales yesterday, I was looking for 2lb as I’d been 100% on track, so was over the moon with my results.  So at my heaviest this year I was 11st 8lb, and I’m now 11st 1.5lb, my bmi is 26.9 and my waist has already gone down an inch in a week (that’ll be the bloatiness)! Why had I gained weight – because I wasn’t following the plan if I’m honest, I still continued to weigh foods and ProPoint my meals, I just didn’t stick to my allowance and I was drinking more alcohol too so steadily it’s crept back on.  Also if I’m honest I’d started to blame my age, hit my 40s bound to happen, you change and so does your body shape, blah blah blah.  It feels great to have my mojo back although I’m very aware of how easy it is to lose that momentum so I’m determined to ensure I enjoy everything I eat and think about my choices. 
 
I’m sure I had a bigger weight loss this week because I didn’t eat my activity ProPoints nor did I have any alcohol, that I can confirm won’t last.  I have no intention of losing all those extra ProPoints every week, I was erring on the side of caution last week unsure if I could do a full week on track as I’d been messing about for so long.  I also cut alcohol out because I wanted to give my body a rest and if I’m totally honest I wanted to prove to myself I could, it’s good to make sure something isn’t controlling you, whether that be booze, fizzy drinks or a food type!  I’ve proved it isn’t which has made me feel better, and I’ve also proven to myself it’s just a habit, something I do because it’s there and now I don’t want to have a drink every day – don’t worry I’m not about to turn teetotal, I likes a glass of red too much!  However I don’t need to have a glass every day, I love St Agur blue cheese but don’t feel the need to consume that every day so why should I with the red stuff.
 
Sometimes getting to this place “in the zone 100% on it and enjoying it” can seem like a distant dream (I know it has for me many times) and I also know that when someone else is there it can really get up your nose - I know it has mine many time, I think that’s because when I’m not there but I want to be I’m a little resentful of those that are and a little envious.  It’s different when I’m carrying a few extra pounds and it’s not bothering me then I’m happy for all the celebratory success I see online, however when I do want to be losing and I’m struggling, I don’t find it motivating at all seeing everyone else’s success, I find it deflating because I’m not doing it too.  If you feel a little like that, all I can say is ‘I get ya’, the only advice I can offer is keeping trying, keep doing the little things that help and eventually like myself those little things will add up and turn into lots of things that make a difference, then you’ll get that initial weight loss and you’ll want another one. 
 
I’ll be happy now with ½ - 1lb a week because I do love my food and I want to indulge in the good stuff, today I’m going to make Salmon Fishcakes (recipe in this weeks your week), I’m also going to dig out my slow cooker and put that to use.  I know need to go buy some St Agur cheese, mmm stuffed chicken breasts with St Agur wrapped in ham and served on a bed of rice (or cauliflower rice), it’s not even 6am and I could eat that ;)
 
Right I’m off to get some work done, before I go, if you haven’t already remember or discover all the reasons why you want to lose weight, be honest about them and write them down (pop them in your purse or on your fridge), remind yourself you are worth the effort because you are.  Eat Gorgeous & BeYoutiful.
 
Here’s what yesterdays tracker looked like, I was busy so didn’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen, I’m also a little skint so am trying to stay away from the shop for as long as possible.
 
Breakfast (cost 25 pence)
½ can Heinz cheese beans (4pp) on 2 slices of toast (3pp) (taken from a 400g loaf) - 7pp
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lunch (cost 50 pence)
4 Asda smart price fishfingers (5pp), mashed potato (5pp), veggies
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tea (cost about £2.50 at a guess)
A 10pp Bev concoction from stuff in the kitchen;
I used 3pp pork loin, a nest of whole wheat noodles 5pp, handful of water chestnuts, a carrot chopped, cherry tomatoes, 3 diced spring onions, 2 rings of pineapple chopped, oil spray 1pp, diced green pepper, tablespoon of hoisin sauce 1pp.
 
Boiled noodles for 4 minutes whilst stir frying everything else. Mixed all together then stirred in hosin sauce before serving.  Really tasty.
 
 
 
Milk in drinks – 3pp
Total used for Tuesday – 30pp
Daily Allowance = 26pp, so Weeklies used – 4pp
Pedometer ProPoints earned - 6pp
 
So I ate for less than £3.50 yesterday, not bad at all.
 
This picture shows how the scales accurately weigh fish fingers and tell you how many ProPoints are in the different quantities, I personally always go for the one that gives me the best value which was 4 for 5pp!  60 pence a box of 10 fish fingers and they tasted alright to be fair.  Someone asked me online how the scales work, you can either input the nutritional information from the packaging or type in the word of the food using the keyboard e.g. "cheese" and it'll already have the ProPoints stored.  clever things they are.
 

No comments: