Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 December 2012

So much success in one day! WOW!

19th December 2012
The only way to have a friend is to be one. Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
“I haven’t dieted this week, if the worlds going to end Friday it seemed a waste of effort!”  That’s possibly one of the most original lines said to me at the scales this year, I love my members I do!  It seems not everyone agreed with her though as four of my gorgeous ladies got to their goals yesterday, Michelle has lost 3 stone since June and hasn’t gained once, wow that’s not easy but as she admitted she has been really strict with herself.  Lydia is looking amazing having lost 48lb and plans to treat herself to a new hairdo to celebrate, then there’s Susan who’s struggled to lose her 17lb because like me she likes the odd glass or two of wine ;-).  Last but by no means least Gaynor, 84.5lb or 6 stone, she has done so well, joined in September 2011 and has lost steady and changed dramatically as you can only imagine.   Yes there is still a great deal of success going on in my meetings, 100lb lost in total by my members yesterday which is just fabulous when you think about what we’re up against at this time of year, the challenges and temptations of celebrations and seasonal foods.
One of my members got her 10% target yesterday, she’s done absolutely fabulously so far and I for one am very proud of her, especially as she hasn’t been blessed with good health lately.  She had to  go to the hospital this week and she told the doctor she’d managed to lose over 20lb and he just looked at her and said, “come back when you’ve lost another 20kg” no well done, great start, keep going!  I would personally like to tell him or anyone like him that knocking someone’s neck in when they’re doing their best is not the way to get them to continue trying.  I hear so many stories like this from health professionals being plain rude to people about their weight, it really is unnecessary and unlikely to motivate anyone!
Well we are living in a decorating crazy house, my brother bless him is trying to paint the hall, stairs and landing whilst Alfie keeps him company!   I’m in my office attempting to concentrate whilst listening to him sing every tune he has on his ipod, but Terry doesn’t just sing the song, he then supplies you with information about the song and the artist, such as what year it was made, where it was recorded, did you know “I wish it could be Christmas everyday” was recorded in the summer?  I do because he told me yesterday, along with many other factoids I will try not to remember because there isn’t enough space in my head. 
Then I’ve got Alexis (sister-in-law) she’s cleaning my kitchen for me, including my cooker and every time I go in there to do something, she tells me off, apparently the bread now lives in the cupboard!  Mmm that ain’t gonna last, as soon as she’s gone, it’s back out on the top! Although I may invest in a bread box as a kind of compromise, most things in my kitchen are on display, it’s supposed to make them easier to find – it doesn’t because mom never hangs them in the same place twice so it’s more like the Krypton Factor. 
We’re now down to floorboards on the landing and the stairs, they’re coming to measure today and said they’d fit Thursday or Friday – I’m praying they will say Friday cos I’ll be gone to Wales and won’t care no more!  Leave Terry to it, he can sort it all out and my loony sister in law can tidy and sort to her hearts content, I’ll still with my new nickname “Stig” that my brothers given me, I have no issue with being untidy I’ve decided, I almost always know where stuff is, when it’s all been tidied away, I can’t find sod all.
Now diet wise, I didn’t do too bad yesterday, had toast for breakfast, couscous and prawns about lunchtime, a couple of salad pitta’s late afternoon and a bit of turkey biryani for tea, not bad at all when you consider how we’re living.  Because the walls were wet, we couldn’t carry the blow up downstairs so I’ve let them have my bed last night and I’ve shared with mom so not the best night ;-) her quilts quite thin and small and I was cold, it’ll all be worth it when it’s finished.
I was a bit naughty yesterday though, as Alexis was cleaning and Terry was painting, I’d got all my paperwork done, so instead of going to help, I pretended to continue working when really I was reading my new book on my pc, the one I paid 20p for, so far so good, I’ve read four chapters, it’s different and I’m interested to know what happens next.  It’s described as laugh out loud in the reviews, I haven’t yet, but I live in hope, I’d quite like a good laugh at a read over Christmas, so any suggestions – let me know.
Right on with the day, remember whatever is going on around you, however crazy or difficult, you can smile at it or let it drag you down, I opt for smiling otherwise by now I’d be in a room, wrapped in a white coat – rocking, and trust me none of it is worth stressing about, and very little of what you are stressing about will matter next week let alone next year!
Have a smiley stress free day – sod it all ;-)

No comments: