Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Short but sweet!

18th December 2012
"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." - Thich Nhat Hanh
It’s very weird having people stay as it throws your routine out, once I got home yesterday went by in a blur if I’m honest and my diet went out the window again once I’d eaten breakfast, although I did enjoy a nice bit of salmon with some broccoli.
Today I’m at work most of the day so order will be restored; I’ll try and stay out of the way as much as possible because my brother is going to start decorating.
3 more sleeps till my holiday, I can’t wait, I’ve got me a couple of books for reading, have downloaded 3 onto my kindle, 20p for a book , that’s madness!  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hundred-Year-Old-Climbed-Window-Disappeared-ebook/dp/B008D30K7E/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1355764245&sr=1-4
This will be my Christmas read, sounds good, and something completely different.
It was great to see one of my members Kelly lose weight yesterday taking her total to 76lb and now she’s only a stone away from goal, what an amazing achievement in less than a year!  She joined on January 16th of this year and is now almost five and a half stone lighter which is just brilliant and shows that change and success is possible.
For me what’s even better than seeing weight loss in my meeting, is listening to members tell me that although the plan to enjoy Christmas they don’t intend to just go ridiculously overboard because they realise it actually isn’t that enjoyable! 
I love it when I see something click inside a person, it maybe that they realise food doesn’t have to be such a major issue, or it may be that they realise they’re fabulous just the way they are and weight loss is more about health than being attractive.  I love watching a member turn into a happy owl, there really is no greater satisfaction for me, it makes everything I do worthwhile.
Yesterday I took the first batch of food etc to the food bank and they were really chuffed, even more so when I told them it wouldn’t be the only donation hopefully.   Taking it really makes me grateful for everything I have, as long as I have a roof over my head, food in my belly and people to love anything else is a bonus.
As crazy as it is to have people staying in my house, it was lovely to have a living room full of laughter last night, it’s just a shame I can’t keep my eyes open too late, I had to leave them to it I’m afraid, a 5am start calls for a reasonable time to go to bed too.
It’s only a week away!  Hope you’re all ready for it. xx
 
 
 

No comments: