Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 9 December 2012

A short one....

9th December 2012
We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do. Olin Miller
 
Up late this morning, 5.30am!  It’s now ten past six and it’s taken me that long to sort mine and moms tablets for the week into one of those little pill trays, I’ve had to make me a second cuppa as the first one went cold, I’ve got to help her find her ears drops in a bit as she doesn’t know where she’s put them.  Oh the joy of day to day life, I wonder how many households have a drugs drawer under the kettle ;-) all purely prescription of course!
Oh I did have a chilled out day yesterday, walked Alfie twice for about an hour each time, nipped to the shops for a couple of things I wanted, then ended up spending more than I’d planned on more goodies for Christmas, I really need to not go to home bargains or B&M’s again this year.  I then spent a couple of hours card making and an hour doing some digital scrapbooking – I’ve almost finished a 40 page book of Alfie when he was a puppy, there’s a 20% discount on printing it if I get it finished before 13th so that’s this mornings task.   Eventually I settled down with mom in front of the tv and we watched our weekly dose of trash tv, and it is isn’t it?
I had a delicious prawn-filled pitta bread for lunch, it appears the allergy that appeared when I hit forty has finally gone almost 3 years later and I can once again eat prawns without my lips turning into a massive tingling trout pout.  I’m so pleased because I do love prawns and they’re so low in ProPoints.  I finally got mom to eat three meals yesterday which was great to watch, I can’t have her losing too much more weight, and she doesn’t need to.
I noticed on Facebook lots of people were off out on their Christmas parties and meals last night, it most certainly is the time of year for damage limitation, or at least for accepting you will be doing some damage so controlling it as best you can.  It’s so important not to put too much pressure on yourself though, enjoy yourself, don’t go ridiculously over the top – you really don’t need to, you can still enjoy yourself and just accept whatever the scales say on weigh day knowing that you can pull it back because you’re learning about yourself each day.  It’s realising we’re not losing weight JUST to look better it’s for our health also, by eating well we feel well and that really is true. 
After a week or two of over-indulging to the extreme we tend to at Christmas, most of my members (myself included) are glad to get back to eating healthily because they start to feel sluggish and feel yak! 
So if you did have your Christmas party this weekend, let’s get back to normality today, one night out doesn’t not a week off make! 
I’m gonna cut this one short because I have so much I want to do today and I get a couple of hours before sunrise where Alfie will leave me alone to do it! 
Have a good day all and those nursing a hangover – bacon sarnies do not cure them, you’d be better of with paracetamol and water!

No comments: