Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 27 December 2012

My pants have shrunk!

27th December 2012
I haven't trusted polls since I read that 62% of women had affairs during their lunch hour. I've never met a woman in my life who would give up lunch for sex.  Erma Bombeck

Alfie being a good boy!


Alfie after being a bad boy!

It doesn’t matter what the weathers doing at 8am every morning Alfie comes and plops himself down in front of me and gives me that, “we need to go for a walk” look, if I ignore him, he jumps up and places his front paws on my leg and gives me the “please” look!  So I was just about to write my blog, but instead I’m off for a walk in the pouring down rain.  So I’ll be back in a bit.....
Right I’m back, well today’s our last full day of holiday; it’s gone very quickly and has been fabulous fun and squeaky toys, NOW 83, clanking radiator pipes and One Direction are the only things I won’t miss about this holiday!
Only at Christmas can you respectfully eat as randomly as we have, yesterday I made a second roast dinner with the leftovers and had it for my breakfast, Christmas eve we had Indian buffet food for brekkie and today we’re having oriental party food because it’s use by date is today – that was our excuse for the Indian brekkie too ;-)
I can honestly say since I left my house on Friday morning I haven’t thought about work or ProPoints or my weight at all and it’s been a nice break from reality.  However I woke up this morning, came down and made mom a drink, went back up to get dressed and I think someone has played a practical joke on me, they’ve put a fat mirror in my bedroom and shrunk my knickers! 
It’ll all have to wait till January, I’m not even thinking about ProPoints until January 1st, I will eat as I want today and tomorrow, then get to the shops when I get home and buy lots of salad because I do love my salad and start eating sensible from then, I have a food journal to start and I’ll start to get the excess pounds off. 
It’s nothing new, I’ve gained weight every Christmas for  as long as I can remember and to be honest, it’s a big part of who I am, the only difference is I don’t stress or get upset by it all anymore, worst case scenario, I’ll buy a bigger pair of pants for a few weeks!
It’s so important to remember life gets in the way, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes for bad ones.  There will be times when eating sensibly comes easily to you, and other times when it’s really difficult because temptation is too great. Or at Christmas when personally I didn’t want be careful and think about what I ate, and to be honest I haven’t been ridiculously bad, I have drunk alcohol I wouldn’t dream of having on a regular basis such as baileys, Irish coffee or Thorntons chocolate liqueur but hey who cares, I stopped when I was full or when I fell asleep and whatever the scales say on weigh day I’ll smile and resume normality.  There are more of us living an up/down life on the scales than a life of permanent weight loss, the sooner we all accept that’s reality, the better, it takes away the guilt of indulging.  As long as most of the time we eat healthily and treat our bodies with respect, then I believe it’s ok to go over the top occasionally.
Yesterday was a lovely day, we ate too much, drank just enough, read our books and just kicked back and chilled out.  I do like the sitting round the kitchen table I have to say, I wish our kitchen at home was larger. 
A couple of things that made me smile yesterday, we were drinking a can of lager and I burped, little Jen looked around at everyone and said, “that means Bev’s full”, out of the mouth of babes!
The other was when we were looking at the photos I’ve taken so far this holiday on the laptop and Jen (aged 8) looked at one with her one and said, “I look like a complete turd!”  Oops she’s spent too much time with Aunty Bev I think!
Just had a quick recap of my facebook page yesterday!  We had crackers piled high with cheese, a sausage sarnie where the butter was sliced not spread.  There’s a photo of the turkey tray placed on top of the fridge, because that’s where Lynne had put it apparently because there was no room on the work surface the day before and we’d forgotten so that wasn’t eatable after a night up there in a hot kitchen!
Ian came in at lunchtime and asked where the port was, my response "We drunk all the port", Ian said "what's all this we pale face?"  I didn’t drink it all on my own I can assure you all.  We did have a wine tasting morning though, I educated Lynne in fine reds, I think I may live to regret that though because she seems to like it!
Have you noticed now matter how full you are, it someone puts something delicious in front of you – you find room for it!  That’s been more noticeable this week for me than it has for a very long time.  Luckily for us that is what the new Weight Watcher approach is all about, acknowledging it, identifying situations and times that it happens then finding our own solutions.  I’m looking forward to investigating this more next year to help me progress even more with my eating habits, because I’ve already come a long way but I still eat for eating sakes at times. 
On that note, I’ve just finished eating spring rolls and other Chinese nibbles for brekkie, I asked Lynne if she wanted anymore and she said, “no thanks I’m full”, I then heard crunching and look up, she’s scoffing maltesers!  “I thought you were full”, Lynne, “I am but you’ve got to have pudding!”  Mmm yes I’m going to go put the fat mirror in her room later ;’-)
Enjoy your day xxx

No comments: