Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 21 June 2012

Where you are going?

21st June 2012

Enthusiasm is the greatest asset in the world. It beats money and power and influence. Henry Chester
Mmm must be Thursday, it’s raining!  It seems to rain more on a Thursday morning than any other day, and that’s not just this month, that’s all the time.  My outdoor concert on Saturday is not looking like it’s got much chance of being a dry one, but I shall remain hopeful and go and buy some waterproof capes just in case ;-)

At least I’ll be able to enjoy the eating/drinking side of it because I still have 47 of my weeklies in place, I’ve been using my pedometer and running ProPoints for any extras I’ve had already this week, I do love that wineometer, it looks after me well, and most day’s I’ve clocked up 20,000 steps or more around 7pp, then I’ve earned 20pp through running, managed 5k yesterday because I knew the weather was going to change for the rest of the week.  I didn’t have time to run but I made it because I’m important too and everything always gets done, if it doesn’t it probably won’t matter anyway!
I was reading a book yesterday which reminded me that “Intention Sets Direction”

If you’ve ever seen Alice in Wonderland (weird story that it is), there’s one scene, after Alice has shrunk, where she’s exploring the dark, mystical forest – desperately attempting to find her way. Suddenly the Cheshire Cat pops up, perched high in a tree, and offers to give her directions.
"Where you are going?" he asks.

"I don’t know!" replies Alice.

The cat responds: "Well, if you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there!"
How true is that? Do you know where you’re going? Have you set your intention?  Did you reply to my ten week challenge when I text you last week? Or did you post it on her when I mentioned it.  Have you thought about how much weight you want to lose and how you plan to do it?

Think about this for a moment, have you ever been to a party, expecting it to be brilliant - and it was? Or have you ever gone on a night out, dreading it, knowing it would be an awful night – and it was? Perhaps you’ve got out of bed, stubbed your toe, and decided this was going to be a bad day – and it was? Or maybe you woke up, the sun was shining, and you made the decision that today was going to be fantastic – and it was?  Yep we usually get the outcome we expect!  We consistently prove ourselves right.
So, how about today, setting a good intention on the things you do, decide it’s going to be a fabulous day despite the fact its raining and its Thursday and you might be tired and by making that decision, you’ll automatically achieve many more positive outcomes!  Yay it’s Thursday and it’s going to be a tremendous day today, I feel it in my water ;)

Quite simply: Intention sets direction. Full stop. Set your intention – and you’ll set your direction.
Right now, spend a few moments deciding that this is going to be a wonderful day.
Henry Ford once said: "Whether you think you can or you can’t, you’re probably right." Think about it. He was actually saying that whatever we believe will happen, will happen. The things that we hold in mind will ultimately come about. Our intention sets our direction. It might sound stupidly simple, but it works – and works well.   Don’t believe me – try it!  I believe that when I see a heron I have a good day, are herons magical mmm hell yeah I think so lol, but now more likely I decide I’m going to have a good day, so it works.  I still think they’re magical because they haven’t let me down yet ;0) I also believe in Father Christmas!  Don’t even start with me on that one!

Let’s have an amazing day, set your intention. xx

No comments: