Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 10 June 2012

Do it NOW!

10th June 2012
There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing. Brian Tracy
Running late today, just got back from walking Alfie and got to get ready for race for life this morning!  I’ve raised over £300 in my meetings so thank you to everyone who’s donated and to those who’ve donated online or to someone else who’s taking part.  I know money is tight everywhere right now so every penny is appreciated.
Always the same isn’t it, when you’ve got a lot to do the pc runs extra slow ;-) at least it’s making me enjoy my ham toastie breakfast and first cup of tea, nothing quite like that first cuppa of the day, especially when you’ve been out walking for an hour before it.  The simple things in life make it special.
Here’s me talking about rushing but sometimes do you find yourself thinking “what am I waiting for?”
Most of us are really good at finding reasons to wait.  We wait to call good friends we miss because we assume we’ll have plenty of time.  We wait to tell people how we really feel because we hope it will someday feel safer.  We wait to forgive the people who’ve hurt us because we believe they should reach out first.  We wait to apologize for the things we’ve done because we feel too stubborn or ashamed to admit fault. 
We wait to start our diet because we’ve got a busy weekend planned, or it’s Fred’s birthday, or it’s the jubilee weekend, or it’s raining and we just feel miserable, or, or, or, the list is endless.
If we’re not careful, we can spend our whole lives making excuses, holding off until a better time, only to eventually realize that time never came. 
You may think it sounds morbid to acknowledge that our days here limited, and it’s scary to realize that none of us can ever know how many we have.  But we all know that in our final moments, it’s highly unlikely we’ll say, “I wish I waited longer,” or “I wish I stayed angry longer,” or “I wish I played it safe longer.”
Most of us will get to the end of our lives and say, “I’m sorry.” “I forgive you.” Or, “I love you.”
Of course, there’s another option: We can say and do those things right now.
We can appreciate the people we love instead of distracting ourselves with everyday worries. We can be brave in expressing our thoughts and feelings instead of over-analyzing and talking ourselves out of it. We can decide for ourselves what truly matters and honor it while we have the chance. We can lose weight and feel great whatever we have planned this weekend or next, whether it’s raining or shining.
This is our chance to live and love. This moment is our only guaranteed opportunity to be thoughtful, compassionate, understanding, forgiving, and kind to the people we value.  It might feel terrifying. It might require humility. It might seem like it’s not a priority.
We owe it to ourselves to acknowledge it is, and to do something about it instead of building up reasons to regret. 
I say “luv you” to at least one person every day, and I mean it.  I never used to use those words at all when I was unhappy and overweight, then I learnt to love myself which strangely (or not so strangely) led to me losing weight and suddenly I was full of happiness and love for so many people.  The more I felt that way the more people came into my life for me to love.  Now I feel truly blessed. 
Today I’m taking part in the Race for Life with two of my besties and I know whatever the weather does, it’ll be a fabulous day filled with laughter and love.
Enjoy your Sunday -
What have you been meaning to do or say,—and what are you waiting for?
xx

No comments: