Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 June 2012

Looking for my mattress in my fridge!

7th June 2012
I would rather think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it begins to come together and make sense. Rabbi Harold Kushner

Oh I’m tired this week, having a holiday spoils you for sure and makes getting back to reality a very difficult thing, my brain has gone to mush and I’m struggling to function, I reckon I’m at about 75% productive this week, I’ll be okay next week once I’ve had a week back to reality.
I made a delicious soup yesterday though, I have a feeling soups might be my new thing to help me survive the day ;-) especially as it appears summer isn’t every coming to stay and yesterday went really cold and extremely wet!   Here’s the recipe;

Broccoli soup
Took 15 minutes, serves 2

1 pump of WW Spray oil (1pp)
4 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
250ml/8¾fl oz chicken or vegetable stock (more if necessary) I used 2 oxo cubes
200g/7oz broccoli florets
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the garlic for 1-2 minutes.  Pour the chicken or vegetable stock into the pan and add the broccoli florets.  Bring to the boil and reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.  Season to taste, then transfer to a liquidizer. Blend until smooth.  Ladle the soup into serving bowls

I shared it with mom and it was so tasty I had to make another batch, on the second bowl I added 50g Philadelphia light for 2pp which made the soup 1pp a bowl, worth the point though, nom nom nom!

Today I think I’ll have a go at Spinach soup, I may even have a go at a filling and healthy day, or at least focus on filling and healthy foods as not sure my appetite could be portion controlled this week, so giving myself free reign to eat until I’m satisfied would be extremely dangerous!

Here’s the Spinach Soup recipe;

1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
¼ red onion, finely chopped
150g/5½oz baby leaf spinach
300ml/10fl oz hot chicken or vegetable stock
50ml Philadelphia light
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic and onion until soft.  Add the spinach and cook for five minutes.  Add the stock and simmer for five minutes.  Add the phili, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and blend until smooth.  Serve in a warm bowl

I watched Secret Eaters last night, oh my word how much food!  I should keep a couple of episodes on my sky box to replay when I’m giving myself a hard time because the quantity they were eating was just ridiculous, and doing it every day!   7,000 in a day, that’s four times what the average woman should eat!  Now I’m not saying I haven’t done it but to do it believing you’re making healthy wise food choices – now that’s scary.  Very, Very scary! 

It also covered going shopping hungry and I’ve said this in my meeting so many times, don’t go shopping hungry and it’s so true and they proved it with their experiment, if you’re bodies hungry you brain will send you automatically searching for high sugar foods which will not help your weight loss.  I think online, or a list might help with this problem too.

As I said at the beginning of this email, I’m tired this week and when I’m tired I find it very difficult not to eat because like the shopping thing above, when my bodies tired it tells me it needs energy and the best, quickest way to get energy is from high sugar foods, hence the soup to try and get full yesterday, it didn’t work, I felt ravenous all day, kept looking for my mattress in my fridge.  My mate did remind me to drink plenty of water though because that helps to rehydrate you as dehydration makes you feel very tired.

So today I will be mostly carrying a bottle of water round with me, I will beat this week!  So can you ;-)  Have a fabulous day. xx

No comments: