Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Food, glorious food

20th June 2012

Isn’t it lovely to wake up to a nice sunny, fluffy sky, it starts the day lovely.  Just made me a cup of tea whilst smiling to myself ;), why because I’ve had a flashback to last night when I was scolded like a child by my mom (yes I’m still 42!) for getting my running socks so dirty she can’t get them clean!  She was really annoyed with me, and it took me back to my childhood when we used to get told off for that sort of thing all the time and I have to admit one of the pleasures of running through muddy fields for me as a grown up has been that I don’t get told off for it – well that changed yesterday, although I have to admit it did make me smile whereas as a kid it didn’t because it scared us back then!
I took full advantage of the football last night and used the time to go to Morisson’s and get petrol, everywhere was empty it was lovely, I’m not a sports watcher so I wasn’t missing much.  I walked in the shop really hungry though and all the hot cooked chickens, sausages and gammon joints had been reduced, but I resisted and instead bought a pack of wafer thin ham and ate it in the car – 150g = 4pp, that was a huge saving to what I could have had, it also meant I wasn’t hungry when I did get home so had 5 crackers for another 4pp and was happy with that.  The protein in the ham had filled me up.  I’d also had 2 crumpets for my breakfast and whilst they were cooking I measured out 2pp worth of flora light on the scales, I was really surprised when I used as much of it as I wanted to smoother the crumpets and I still only used half the margarine, so only used 1pp worth. Nice, very nice!
Filling & Healthy

16pp

I have to say though when I looked at facebook last night, I wanted Julias F&H dinner or Vicky’s roast, they both looked delicious, you can’t beat a good home cooked meal.  I’d had pork and rice hot pot for my lunch for 12pp, which was tasty too.

It’s great to see so many people posting what their cooking at the moment and in my meeting this week, none cooks are saying they are going to have a try, Deb (my helper) has even started cooking and she’s been a Weight Watcher ping queen all through her weight loss journey!  So I am truly impressed.
If you fancy having a go and want something super easy that you know everyone will eat, why not make the juicy beefburgers below, almost everyone likes burgers and with the weather as unpredictable as it is at the moment, it’s a bbq indoors!

Beefburgers
ProPoints® Value: 9
Servings:
4
Preparation Time:
8 min
Cooking Time:
10 min
Level of Difficulty:
Easy
Add a few flavourful ingredients to lean minced beef and you'll have fantastic burgers in no time.

Ingredients
5 spray(s) ( ) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
450 g ( ) Beef, Mince, Extra Lean, Cooked
1 tablespoons ( ) Worcestershire Sauce
2 teaspoons (chopped) Garlic, minced
1 pinch ( ) Salt
1/4 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
4 medium ( ) Bread, Burger Bun

Instructions

·         Coat a large grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
·         In a large bowl, combine beef mince, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1-inch-thick each. (To retain juiciness, be careful not to overwork the meat.)
·         Place burgers on grill and cook 5 minutes per side for medium (or longer until desired doneness).
·         Serve burgers on rolls with your favorite toppings.
Notes

·         These are great to make with the kids, especially if you're stuck indoors due to bad weather!

There’s lots of recipes like this on the Weight Watchers website, when you get your monthly pass in the meeting (as a lot of you have this last week by taking advantage of the £11.90 for the first month with a free magazine and packet of sweets) you gain access to their esource section which gives you lots of recipes, propoints calculator, recipe builder, tracker and many other things.  It is well worth giving a go, even if you only do it short term.

Rigth I’m going to take advantage of the sunshine and walk Alfie for a bit longer than usual, have a wonderful day.




No comments: